Professional Web Applications Themes

Installing Contribute - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

I built a site for my client using DW MX2004 and now they want to be able to add their own pages... scary! I'm using Contribute on my other job but have never set it up. While reading the Contribute book, it sounds like quite the job - server address, passwords, etc, etc. Any help in this area will be greatly appreciated. Tom...

  1. #1

    Default Installing Contribute

    I built a site for my client using DW MX2004 and now they want to be
    able to add their own pages... scary! I'm using Contribute on my other
    job but have never set it up. While reading the Contribute book, it
    sounds like quite the job - server address, passwords, etc, etc. Any
    help in this area will be greatly appreciated.
    Tom

    Tom Guest

  2. #2

    Well, here I go again... Sales guy was aggressive enough in taking my money but
    now I can't get through on the one 800 number and I know so little about this
    stuff I don't know where else to go.
    Have purchased and am attempting to install Contribute. I am now at the point
    where it wants a 'connection key', says to get it from the 'administrator'
    whoever/whatever that is.
    Can someone help this non-techie here?

    fatfenders Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Installing Contribute

    Can you follow the steps in Edit > My Connections > Create? You have to know how you connect to the website you want to edit. There is help available under Get started > Connect to a website.
    Tom Benjamin Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks for responding Tom.
    Been there. I guess I reply with 'FTP' for connection but then it wants some
    specific info about the site, password etc. I don't know this. If I read it
    correctly, if I have a 'connection key' I don't need this other stuff. Correct?
    Says I should have received an email (didn't) with it or get it from the
    administrator. (I purchased it over the phone, directly from 'Brian', an Adobe
    salesman (I guess)).

    fatfenders Guest

  5. #5

    Hello Tom,

    The only time you would use a connection key is if you have an administrator
    that already set up your connection for you. If you are attempting to create
    or edit a web site, you will need to know the ftp settings (or which ever
    protocol you are using). This would be provided by web site host or
    administrator. Here is a list of people you would contact, depending on what
    you are trying to connect to:

    Web site provided by your Internet Service Provider - contact your Internet
    Service Provider. Most ISP's provide the FTP connection information on their
    web site.

    Web site that you are paying for - Contact the Web Host. Again, they commonly
    list the connection setting on their web site.

    Internal business website - Contact the administrator of this site. Depending
    on your company, this may be your IT or IS department.

    Bobby W - Adobe TS Guest