Professional Web Applications Themes

Installing Flash Player 9 on Mac OSX 10 system - Macromedia Flash Player

Can someone please help me to download the latest version of Flash Player 9. I am unable to view video on MySpace, I get a popup saying I have to install the latest version of Flash Player. I downloaded the latest version, got the icon on my desktop, and when I go to install the plug-in, it says none has been installed, and that I have to install it manually. I am unable to get past this screen, and don't know what to do next, if I have something in my preferences turned off, or what. Please advise, THanks, Bill ...

  1. #1

    Default Installing Flash Player 9 on Mac OSX 10 system

    Can someone please help me to download the latest version of Flash Player 9. I
    am unable to view video on MySpace, I get a popup saying I have to install the
    latest version of Flash Player. I downloaded the latest version, got the icon
    on my desktop, and when I go to install the plug-in, it says none has been
    installed, and that I have to install it manually. I am unable to get past this
    screen, and don't know what to do next, if I have something in my preferences
    turned off, or what.
    Please advise, THanks,

    Bill F.

    William Franklin Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Installing Flash Player 9 on Mac OSX 10 system

    I am running OS X, and I just installed flash player 9. I am not able to look
    at any flash sites anymore. I have been installing, reinstalling, uninstalling
    and nothing seems to work. I am not very computer saavy, but i can normally
    figure these thing out. Adobe is no help at all. I feel as though I should
    reinstall everything over again on my mac. Please let me know if it is possible
    to fix this bug.
    Have you had any response Bill? Is there a mac help forum for this?

    violisto Guest

  3. #3

    BIll,
    I have figured it out. It is on adobe web site, but it is difficult. So you
    need to follow the 'root' login information. If you log in under 'root'
    administrator, then you will be able to uninstall the old versions. then still
    under root log in you should reinstall flash 9, and all should be working then.
    I am not the best at computers, so i hope my explanation was ok. In any case,
    it is possible.

    violisto Guest

  4. #4

    Hi,

    I always log in under "root" administrator but I still cannot nstall the flash
    player ! Even if I uninstall teh previous versions, the installator seems to
    work properly but when the checking adobe window opens, an error message
    appears and syas that the browser cannot find the plug-in ... Adobe remains
    deaf with this problem!

    MicMac63 Guest

  5. #5

    I am getting the same error message after I try to install Flash 9. The
    strange thing is that I used to be able to view flash but I was running a math
    cd and it told me to upgrade to the latest flash player to use it and now I
    can't even get the old one to reinstall. This s. There is no support on
    either end.

    Piranh847 Guest