Professional Web Applications Themes

Installing second monitor - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I'm interested in installing a second monitor. I haven't a clue on how to do it. There was a topic about a second monitor a few days ago but no information was given on how you add it to your system. Video cards seemed to be a major point in the discussion. Can I get some information on how to do it or a site or manual that can give me some direction on such an installation. Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default Installing second monitor

    Roseanne_Minasian@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Installing second monitor

    You need a video card with dual output. There are many diferent makes and models, you only need to spend around 100. Nvidia would be my choice.
    Peace_Pipe@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Since most PCs seem to have video on the mother-board, can't you simply add an additional video card?
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Most PCs DON'T have video on the motherboard. And those that do
    generally have that video automatically disabled when installing a video
    card.

    You don't need a dual head video card. You can have two cards.
    Generally, the AGP card will be your primary video and a low cost card
    can be your secondary. That said, I do have a dual head Matrox card. I
    highly recommend Matrox because of their consistent efforts to keep
    drivers updated.

    Bob

    Robert_Levine@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Good input Robert. Thanks.
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Generally, the AGP card will be your primary video and a low cost card
    can be your secondary.

    and it's always good to check the mobo manual to see if there's a bios setting for this! (mine has one)
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    You can add additional cards to a system with onboard video provided the onboard video is a supported chipset. It has a lot to do with the manufacturer but I have seen several systems with onboard video where a low cost video card was used to add a second monitor.
    Photo_Help@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Save yourself the trouble of trying to configure two separate video
    cards and just buy a nVIDIA card that supports dual monitors.
    I recently purchased a PNY FX5200 for $100 US and it works great.
    Iwas going to buy a new 21" monitor but with two 17" monitors I have
    more than enough screen space for Photoshop.
    I will never go back to a single monitor.

    CarBone Guest

  9. #9

    We replaced a nvidia card with a ati card not long ago. The nvidia card
    wouldnt support a color profile for each monitor the ati card is better as
    it also comes with hydravision wich is a very good desktop/milti monitor
    manager.
    Go for a ATI raidon card for sure.

    <com> wrote in message
    do it. There was a topic about a second monitor a few days ago but no
    information was given on how you add it to your system. Video cards seemed
    to be a major point in the discussion. Can I get some information on how to
    do it or a site or manual that can give me some direction on such an
    installation. Thanks

    Frogiswrong Guest

  10. #10

    Thankyou all for so much good information. I'm looking forward to putting it to good use. Roseanne
    Roseanne_Minasian@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Ive know the onboard video to be HAVE to be disabled via a Jumper on the motherboard. Maybe even the bios.

    Else it remains active. With an external card taking precedence and being used as the #1 card.
    hot_denim@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Ive know the onboard video to be HAVE to be disabled via a Jumper on the
    motherboard.

    That's true, but I haven't seen that in a couple of years. Most newer systems (2-3) years old have something like that in bios, in any case you should read the mobo manual as I suggested above and do what's appropriate for your specific system.
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Dave Milbut

    I think my message sounded a bit diffrent to you; the 'Have EVEN..' part was mean to be seperate that the first part. I.E. I did NOT mean disableing on motherboard and ALSO BIOS. I meant either.

    Yes My motherboard is not new. I think its 1997/1998'ish.
    hot_denim@adobeforums.com Guest