Professional Web Applications Themes

Interakt CSS Menus - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

Hi, I am currently using the Interakt extension, CSS Menus. Is it true if I upgrade to the new toolbox and CS3 that the menus will no longer work? I would need to have something else in place if this is true. Since the entire site uses this menu system, I will need to replace it with something. Is there any other extension that you could recommend to create something like this? I would like to upgrade but I don't know what I would do with the menus. Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default Interakt CSS Menus

    Hi,
    I am currently using the Interakt extension, CSS Menus. Is it true if I
    upgrade to the new toolbox and CS3 that the menus will no longer work? I would
    need to have something else in place if this is true. Since the entire site
    uses this menu system, I will need to replace it with something. Is there any
    other extension that you could recommend to create something like this? I would
    like to upgrade but I don't know what I would do with the menus.
    Thanks

    DaggerLily Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Interakt CSS Menus

    True. Interakt's CSS menu extension was discontinued so it will only work
    with DW8 and there is no new version. You can make a pretty cool
    interactive menu within DW CS3 using Spry.

    --
    Nancy Gill
    Adobe Community Expert
    Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
    Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
    Technical Editor: DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner''s
    Guide, Mastering Macromedia Contribute
    Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

    "DaggerLily" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am currently using the Interakt extension, CSS Menus. Is it true if I
    > upgrade to the new toolbox and CS3 that the menus will no longer work? I
    > would
    > need to have something else in place if this is true. Since the entire
    > site
    > uses this menu system, I will need to replace it with something. Is there
    > any
    > other extension that you could recommend to create something like this? I
    > would
    > like to upgrade but I don't know what I would do with the menus.
    > Thanks

    Nancy - Adobe Comm. Expert Guest

  3. #3

    There is a possiblity that when you update the includes folder the menus will
    not work properly. Also, you will not be able to edit the menus any longer if
    you upgrade because they are not included in the new toolbox.

    envision3d Guest

  4. #4

    Are there any tutorials that could show me how I could rebuild the menu system with Spry?
    DaggerLily Guest

  5. #5

    Did you read the help section?

  6. #6

    DaggerLily wrote:
    || Hi,
    || I am currently using the Interakt extension, CSS Menus. Is it true
    || if I upgrade to the new toolbox and CS3 that the menus will no
    || longer work? I would need to have something else in place if this is
    || true. Since the entire site uses this menu system, I will need to
    || replace it with something. Is there any other extension that you
    || could recommend to create something like this? I would like to
    || upgrade but I don't know what I would do with the menus.
    || Thanks

    Hello,
    Have a look here [url]http://www.dwextend.com/[/url] .
    I hope this will be a solution for all of us using css2 menu and/or ktml on
    their sites
    regards
    bretz

    Bretz Guest

  7. #7

    I did look at the SPRY help section. It doesn't look like you can have dynamic menus that are populated from your database. So you are re doing the menu for each page? Sounds like A LOT of work!
    DaggerLily Guest

  8. #8

    >I did look at the SPRY help section. It doesn't look like you can have
    >dynamic menus that are populated from your database. So you are re doing
    >the menu for each page? Sounds like A LOT of work!
    You can use Server Behaviors and repeated regions to generate Spry's menus.
    I am not sure how much of it could be achieved by only using the visual
    tool, without touching the code, but it's doable

    --
    ----------------------------
    Massimo Foti, web-programmer for hire

    Massimo Foti Guest

  9. #9

    [q]Originally posted by: DaggerLily
    I did look at the SPRY help section. It doesn't look like you can have dynamic
    menus that are populated from your database. So you are re doing the menu for
    each page? Sounds like A LOT of work![/q]

    Actually you just have to do the menu once and include it in your pages as an
    Include. saves hours of work ;-)

    Brad Lawryk Guest