Professional Web Applications Themes

Interesting Flash8.ocx Problem - Macromedia Flash Player

Hello, I'm working on Multiplayer Board game which is developing on Flash Communication Server. At the developing stages, i'm checking in standalone side not with ie (v: 6.0.2900- sp2). Computer: WinXP Professional - IIS Here's what i've done; 1. I opened 2 browser and connect to [url]http://daLab.homeip/mygame/main.html[/url] and after few movement at the game, Flash8.ocx has encountered problem and ie crashed. 2. Then i uninstalled and re-installed f8 and try again.. and still same error. But it was working very well with standalone.. there was no problem with that. 3. 10 minutes ago i realized that it's also working well ...

  1. #1

    Default Interesting Flash8.ocx Problem

    Hello,

    I'm working on Multiplayer Board game which is developing on Flash
    Communication Server. At the developing stages, i'm checking in standalone side
    not with ie (v: 6.0.2900- sp2).

    Computer: WinXP Professional - IIS

    Here's what i've done;
    1. I opened 2 browser and connect to [url]http://daLab.homeip/mygame/main.html[/url]
    and after few movement at the game, Flash8.ocx has encountered problem and ie
    crashed.

    2. Then i uninstalled and re-installed f8 and try again.. and still same
    error. But it was working very well with standalone.. there was no problem with
    that.

    3. 10 minutes ago i realized that it's also working well with
    [url]http://localhost/myGame/[/url] and again there's no problem..

    4. And i talked with my friend and he was connected to
    [url]http://daLab.homeip/myGame[/url], this is the interesting part.. he wasn't get any
    error also..

    So.. I didn't get what's going on with my Flash Player.. Is there any bug for
    connecting local flash player with domain name ??!?!? I don't know..

    Thank you..

    alperadatoz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Interesting Flash8.ocx Problem

    I just got the same problem!! My IE crashes too. When a flv movie in my swf
    displays IE crashes. Very weird? On different forum they haven't got an answer.
    I wonder... Why??

    Please post if you have the same problem OR solution!! :)

    E.

    erikvanderwal Guest

  3. #3

    my problems isn't as technical as yours but when I am playing my favorite flash
    player games and movies it malfuntions giving me an problem error saying it has
    encountered a problem with an edd-on and needs to close. it says the file that
    messed up is flash8.ocx. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the flash player
    and tried putting in flash player 7 then the quick install of 8 and still no
    sucess... I dont know what to do and it is really getting on my nerves... error
    reporting isn't doing anything so I thought i would come to the intelect of all
    of you since I know nothing about computers... thank you in advance for even
    considering replying to my problem

    Rusty698 Guest

  4. #4

    :confused;

    I too am having the same problem as Rusty...everytime I go to play any flash
    game, it plays fine for 3 minutes and then it crashed saying it encountered an
    error with an add-on (and then I can see what other add ons I have installed).
    To that extent I even disabled all other add-ons but to no avail. I also have
    tried uninstalling, installing 7, then ended up reinstalling 8. I even
    downloaded firefox and tried it with that thinking it was an IE error but yet
    again to no avail. Thanks to everyone in advance for any help or information
    provided

    ItsCopper Guest

  5. #5

    I have a similar problem with the Flash8.ocx only I am using Breeze. I have a
    recorded meeting that has three pods. One pod has a presentation, one has
    scrolling text built in Flash and one pod has a zipped PowerPoint presentation
    (it?s zipped to combat another Flash Player issue). It is part of a university
    study in which many different types of media are going on at the same time.
    Sometimes it loads and works fine, while other times it returns a Flash8.ocx
    error and crashes the browser. This happens in both IE and FireFox.

    Any ideas????

    Thanks,

    -J

    jshipman Guest

  6. #6

    It looks like you have the same problem as discussed here:-

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=184&threadid=[/url]
    1143553&enterthread=y

    We talk about it a lot - but as yet don't have a solution. I have raised a
    problem record with Adobe, but as yet have not had any joy with a fix.

    Mind you, it is interesting that it works fine locally and only fails when you
    access it over a network. Is this a local network or the Internet?

    red1hols Guest