Professional Web Applications Themes

Interesting Problem - ASP.NET Data Grid Control

  1. #1

    Default Re: interesting problem

    > What is DBPATH set to?

    After sweating this problem out today, we finally realized that all of
    the "good" directories have no parent directories in their heirarchy
    with more than 100 or so files. Any "bad" directory seems to a parent
    somewhere along the line with LOTS (100s) of directory entries. For
    example things will run while in "/u" but not in "/u/myhome". "/u"
    has 800+ entries, while it's parent "/" has only 30. Sounds like an
    AIX problem, someone knowledgeable suggested a corrupted file system.
    I do know that I've aged several years in the past few weeks. lol
    Thanks
    Smitty Guest

  2. #2

    > 9) Ultimately, you are probably hitting the wall because you are trying to
    > use really old versions of 4GL. I don't know *why* you are getting random
    > behaviour depending on the physical directory, although there's a teeny
    > nagging voice whispering at the back of my brain that it's seen a
    > directory-dependent fault before. If so it truly escapes me, but let's see
    > if the background neurones come up with something...
    What's really interesting is that the "good" directories all have no
    parent directories in their hierarchies with lots (over 100 say)
    directory entries. The "bad" directories all have a parent somewhere
    along the line with LOTs of directory entries (100s). You can c4gl
    things in "bad" directories, as long as there's no database code
    (display "hello world" works just fine). We've got someone checking
    out possible AIX problems (corrupted file system, running out of
    inodes, etc). After scanning newgroups and talking to several
    consultants, it seems like we have a really unique problem, probably
    (like you said) because of the silliness of running a 13 year old
    product on a new server/OS. But that part's out of my hands.
    Thanks..
    Smitty Guest

  3. #3

    Default Interesting problem

    HI Everyone,

    This is a bit of a mind boggler.
    There are two XP PC's, 1 Home and 1 Pro both SP1. They
    connect to a 4 port linksys router which is connected to
    a cable modem. The Home XP pc always gets an ip from the
    router, but the Pro pc does not recieve an ip when the
    Home XP is running. Once you switch off the Home XP pc,
    the XP PRO will recieve an IP. I have reset the router
    to is factory defaults, all the connections are correct.
    The router works correctly becasue it has been setup with
    3 pcs else where. I don't want to setup static ips
    because the router will be going back to dorm. I have
    checked all the settings on the router and they are
    correct.

    Any help would be appreciated?

    Thanks,

    Dom
    Domenic Guest

  4. #4

    Try to enter the IP-address of the router in the TCP/IP properties as
    Primary DNS... It usually works for me...
    And if it doesn't work then place a static IP-address in the alternative
    configuration and leave the DHCP-server enabled...

    "Domenic" <domenicrogers.com> wrote in message
    > HI Everyone,
    >
    > This is a bit of a mind boggler.
    > There are two XP PC's, 1 Home and 1 Pro both SP1. They
    > connect to a 4 port linksys router which is connected to
    > a cable modem. The Home XP pc always gets an ip from the
    > router, but the Pro pc does not recieve an ip when the
    > Home XP is running. Once you switch off the Home XP pc,
    > the XP PRO will recieve an IP. I have reset the router
    > to is factory defaults, all the connections are correct.
    > The router works correctly becasue it has been setup with
    > 3 pcs else where. I don't want to setup static ips
    > because the router will be going back to dorm. I have
    > checked all the settings on the router and they are
    > correct.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dom

    Blue Ice Guest

  5. #5

    I have a LinkButton in a datagrid that's used for Checking In and Checking
    Out items in my database. After each check in/out I change the text of the
    Linkbutton along with its CommandArgument (i.e. IN or OUT). The problem
    occurs when I have two clients that are trying to Check Out the same item.
    The first client checks it out just fine. But when the second client clicks
    the "Check Out" linkbutton, it acts (I have verified this by stepping
    through in debug mode) as if it's already checked out and executes the code
    to check it in. I was under the impression that each client session would
    act independently. Any ideas?

    Thanks much!

    Jeff Tolman
    E&M Electric
    [email]jeff.tolmanenm.com[/email]

    Jeff Tolman Guest

  6. #6

    hi all,
    the following is what i am trying to do.

    i want to make a web page that goes toor (loads) page 1 for 5 secs, then it
    automatically goes to page2and after 5 secs it automatically loads page 3,
    and then it cycles like this forever. how do i do that?

    sanjay.

    auxe Guest