Professional Web Applications Themes

interior design - coffee table book ? - Macromedia Fireworks

hi all i was approached by one of my client (web design) to photograph a coffee table book on interior design !! this is good news ! designing concepts with macromedia for them is fun, and although i have 4 years experience in photography (freelancing) - honestly, i have NO idea how much i should charge them. they just told me to send in my quotes (pricing) for the project - interior design coffee table book. or course i'll check with them on the nature of the project, deliverables, milestones, budget allocation, timeframe etc etc etc... BUT how much i ...

  1. #1

    Default interior design - coffee table book ?

    hi all

    i was approached by one of my client (web design) to photograph a coffee table book on
    interior design !! this is good news !

    designing concepts with macromedia for them is fun, and although i have 4 years experience in
    photography (freelancing) - honestly, i have NO idea how much i should charge them.

    they just told me to send in my quotes (pricing) for the project - interior design coffee table book.

    or course i'll check with them on the nature of the project, deliverables, milestones, budget allocation, timeframe etc etc etc...

    BUT how much i should charge in GENERAL ?
    *smiles*

    any ideas ?

    thanks

    (love the feeling of my heart beating faster under creative stress)

    dillontdaniel webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: interior design - coffee table book ?

    Congratulations! Sounds like an exciting project. I think you'd have
    better luck getting advice about what to charge for a project like this
    in a forum for photographers, though.

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------
    Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url]
    Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes
    Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    -----------------

    Linda Rathgeber Guest

  3. #3

    Congrats on the project:

    I work as a commercial photographer, so I'd recommend getting all the specs
    first before you quote anything. Will you be shooting film or hi-end
    digital? Do you have to rent any equipment? What is the deadline for the
    project? Will there be someone there to approve the shots, or are they
    pretty flexible in that regard? (This can be the difference between
    reshooting or not reshooting). Will it all be indoor, studio style work?
    Location? Outdoor? Do you need models?

    These are some of the questions you need to ask yourself and the client.

    In terms of actual billing, I usually work out a day rate, plus expenses. It
    sounds like you've done work before, but it can't hurt to emphasize - get a
    signed quote, get a deposit for the project, and make them aware of anything
    that might alter the cost of the estimate.

    Hope this helps and that I didn't state the obvious!

    :-)

    "dillontdaniel" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > hi all
    >
    > i was approached by one of my client (web design) to photograph a coffee
    table book on
    > interior design !! this is good news !
    >
    > designing concepts with macromedia for them is fun, and although i have 4
    years experience in
    > photography (freelancing) - honestly, i have NO idea how much i should
    charge them.

    > they just told me to send in my quotes (pricing) for the project -
    interior design coffee table book.

    > or course i'll check with them on the nature of the project, deliverables,
    milestones, budget allocation, timeframe etc etc etc...

    > BUT how much i should charge in GENERAL ?
    > *smiles*
    >
    > any ideas ?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > (love the feeling of my heart beating faster under creative stress)

    Jim Babbage - CMX Guest

  4. #4

    You didn't mention whether this was for a web site or not. It sounds like
    you are producing a *book* in which case I don't think that fireworks is
    really the best program. Fireworks is primarily a web design tool.
    Although I am sure you can do what you want, because FW can do anything, you
    might be better off checking out Freehand or Photoshop. Those apps are
    geared more toward print.

    Chet

    Chester Harold Guest