Professional Web Applications Themes

Internal Errors I have not found solutions for.... - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi, Well since about 5 days I have been getting some really strange errors and the support forums have nothing to say about these errors and a search on google returns nothing valuable either. Recently I upgraded to Devnet and I have switched from the old MX versions to the new MX2004 versions of allmost every Macromedia app I own. But one morning I got up and I suddendly got the following errors at different stages through the app. All is doented below. First when trying to open a PNG file directly through the common dialog I always get: An ...

  1. #1

    Default Internal Errors I have not found solutions for....

    Hi,

    Well since about 5 days I have been getting some really strange errors and the support forums have nothing to say about these errors and a search on google returns nothing valuable either.

    Recently I upgraded to Devnet and I have switched from the old MX versions to the new MX2004 versions of allmost every Macromedia app I own.

    But one morning I got up and I suddendly got the following errors at different stages through the app. All is doented below.

    First when trying to open a PNG file directly through the common dialog I always get:

    An Internal Error Occurred
    An Internal Error Occurred

    This message pops up twice before showing the dialog, then the files will open, or if I drag them into the app workspace directly.

    Also every folder I double click on within the common dialog box, will give me the same box again!?!

    Next error is as follows.

    When trying to export a file, either through the export wizard or SHIFT-CTRL-R, I get the following error message:

    An Internal Error Occurred
    An Internal Error Occurred

    It only pops up once in this case.
    Then I think well maybe it will still export, well I think wrong.

    When I then try to save the file I get.

    Could not complete your request.
    The file was not found.

    This error is not dependant of any things such as Dreamweaver Site's or Read Only set files. I have tried many ways to go around this, the only way I can export files is through Compressed Jpeg sent through an email! - not exactely an ideal solution :-p

    I can add, that previous to this error I had cleaned out my registry and removed any temporary files from my HD's, I also restored many file associations.

    Just in case this helps here are my system specs:

    Athlon XP-M 2500+
    1024 DDR Ram
    Radeon Mobility 9600 / 64meg
    Windows XP SP1 - with all patches
    IE 6
    Fireworks Version 7.0.0.288 with no 3rd party installed filters

    I also tried uninstalling Fireworks and reinstalling Fireworks, but without success.

    If anyone has encountered the same issue I would appreciate any feedback.

    Thanks in advance!

    Dave McKay

    Dave Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:Internal Errors I have not found solutions for....

    I am having the exact same problems. My machine is a 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4, XP Pro SP1, 512 MB DDR RAM.

    kgutierr Guest

  3. #3

    I found the answer to my problem in another thread. I had to go to the tweakui program and select the checkbox next to "Remember previously used Filenames" in the "Common Dialogs" section.

    Hope this solves your problem too.

    kgutierr Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks but that did not help me.

    Now I can open remembered files but still have problems with exporting files.

    Dave Guest