Professional Web Applications Themes

Internet Connect freeze up requires OS X restart? - Mac Applications & Software

Roger <emaildomain.com> wrote: > Hi all, Internet Connect freezes up on me occasionally in the sense that > it gets locked into a perpetual "Disconnecting" state. It seems to be > associated with Classic crashing. I've tried force quitting Classic, > Internet Connect, relaunching Finder, etc. The only way I've found is to > restart OS X. Is there another way anyone knows of that wouldn't require > an OS restart? I used to have this a lot, back before we got DSL. I don't honestly remember if I found a solution or not. You could try Googling for my ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Internet Connect freeze up requires OS X restart?

    Roger <emaildomain.com> wrote:
    > Hi all, Internet Connect freezes up on me occasionally in the sense that
    > it gets locked into a perpetual "Disconnecting" state. It seems to be
    > associated with Classic crashing. I've tried force quitting Classic,
    > Internet Connect, relaunching Finder, etc. The only way I've found is to
    > restart OS X. Is there another way anyone knows of that wouldn't require
    > an OS restart?
    I used to have this a lot, back before we got DSL. I don't honestly
    remember if I found a solution or not. You could try Googling for my
    posts about it, from about six months ago. Also, what sort of modem are
    you using? Back then, I thought it might be something to do with the
    funky modem I had.

    Oh, one temporary work-around is to switch ports--printer to modem or
    vice-versa. If you turn off the stuck port in the network settings panel
    and turn on the other one, it will be available. This only grants you
    one extra shot though, as once that one hangs, they'll (usually) both be
    stuck. Sometimes it will clear up on its own after a few hours, but not
    reliably.

    There might be something unix-level you can do to the /dev interfaces to
    the ports, but I'd have no idea where to begin with that.
    --
    Aaron Davies
    Opinions expressed are solely those of a random number generator.

    Aaron Davies Guest

  2. #2