Professional Web Applications Themes

Internet Explorer 6 Opera 7 and Netscape 7 dealing with text - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hello, Using Dreamweaver MX, I created a page that has a cell and inside the cell there is text. I'm testing with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 6 Opera 7 and Netscape 7 All of these browsers shows the aligment of the text in different positions. Is there any reason why? Thank you, rcrane...

  1. #1

    Default Internet Explorer 6 Opera 7 and Netscape 7 dealing with text

    Hello,

    Using Dreamweaver MX, I created a page that has a cell and inside the cell there is text.

    I'm testing with the following browsers:

    Internet Explorer 6
    Opera 7 and
    Netscape 7

    All of these browsers shows the aligment of the text in different positions.

    Is there any reason why?

    Thank you,

    rcrane

    rcrane Guest

  2. #2

    Do you have a URL that we can look at?

    "rcrane" <com> wrote in message
    there is text.
    positions.

    robot88888888 Guest

  3. #3

    Yes, I do.

    http://jenn.onefuse.com/~joslinco/version1/

    Keep in mind that this is just a beta version of the web site.

    Thank you inadvanced,

    rcrane

    rcrane Guest

  4. #4

    not found :(

    "rcrane" <com> wrote in message

    David Guest

  5. #5

    Try this url:

    http://jenn.onefuse.com/~joslinco/ver1/

    Thanks in advanced,

    rcrane

    rcrane Guest

  6. #6

    rcrane wrote:

    I think you are sending some pretty confusing code to the browsers and that
    is why they are each guessing a little differently at what you intend. You
    have that text wrapped in blockquote tags, div tags, and p tags, and you
    have an inline style on the p tag giving it a margin-left of minus 15, plus
    4 break tags above it to get some top margin. Now each browser will render
    these elements a little differently so the mix of tags that you have is
    bound to create problems. I would suggest that you simplify. If you would
    like to try it, first back up your page and do something like this:

    1. Get rid of the blockquote tags, the div tags, and the break tags and
    concentrate on the p tag.

    2. The best way to go would be a style sheet, but since you already have
    an inline style we'll go with that to avoid introducing a new element. The
    inline style that you have now is:

    Highlight that and paste this in its place:

    justify;">

    3. Tighten up the white space in your code by bringing the closing td tag
    up flush with the closing font tag. It should look like this:

    improving your business related computer processes.</font></td>

    To avoid going beyond the immediate problem, I have left your font tags in
    place, but it is better to use css for this. Also the complex and fragile
    table structure that DW's layout view creates may cause problems down the
    road, using as it does, cell widths, cell heights, and an elaborate matrix
    of shim gifs to hold everything together. Finally your sole reliance on
    "Tahoma" without any suggested alternatives could by risky if viewers don't
    have that font installed.

    Hope this helps and again, be sure to back up what you have before you try
    it.

    --
    trx
    trx Guest

  7. #7

    Thank you for your help, this helped a lot.

    Do you know by any chance a good web site I can go to, in order to learn more about style sheets or CSS?

    Thank you in advanced,

    rcrane

    rcrane Guest

  8. #8