Professional Web Applications Themes

interview with Eric Meyer (CSS guru, Netscape) - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Bruce: Nice. Thanks! Having spent some time sitting next to Eric while watching 12th century impersonaters shave each other with battleaxes in Las Vegas, I can tell you that he is a really nice guy. He is fun to be around and talk to, and very generous with his time. -- Murray --- ICQ 71997575 Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!) ================== [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS ================== [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage! [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: interview with Eric Meyer (CSS guru, Netscape)

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Bruce Lawson" <brucedynamiczones.com> wrote in message
    > given the topicality of today's news that AOL have abandoned Netscape and
    > cut Mozilla loose [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/go?5303[/url], I thought I'd let
    everyone
    > know that we've got an interview today with Eric Meyer on DMXzone
    > [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/go?5307[/url]
    >
    > bruce lawson
    > [url]www.DMXzone.com[/url]

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  2. #2

    It should be noted that, shortly after finishing this interview, Eric Meyers
    died of a heart attack when he accidentally saw the HTML markup on DMXZone's
    website.

    May he rest in peace.

    --
    irvin
    [url]http://www.pixel69.com[/url]

    "Bruce Lawson" <brucedynamiczones.com> wrote in message
    > given the topicality of today's news that AOL have abandoned Netscape and
    > cut Mozilla loose [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/go?5303[/url], I thought I'd let
    everyone
    > know that we've got an interview today with Eric Meyer on DMXzone
    > [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/go?5307[/url]
    >
    > bruce lawson
    > [url]www.DMXzone.com[/url]

    irvin Guest

  3. #3

    irvin wrote:
    > It should be noted that, shortly after finishing this interview, Eric Meyers
    > died of a heart attack when he accidentally saw the HTML markup on DMXZone's
    > website.

    Huh? Was that supposed to be a joke? If so, not funny at all. Quite the
    contrary and pretty tasteless.

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  4. #4

    Bruce--

    Thanks for that, very informative. And ignore the troll. It's the content
    that matters, and the inerview is excellent.

    --
    Kim Cavanaugh, author
    Beginner's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks
    "Bruce Lawson" <brucedynamiczones.com> wrote in message
    > given the topicality of today's news that AOL have abandoned Netscape and
    > cut Mozilla loose [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/go?5303[/url], I thought I'd let
    everyone
    > know that we've got an interview today with Eric Meyer on DMXzone
    > [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/go?5307[/url]
    >
    > bruce lawson
    > [url]www.DMXzone.com[/url]

    Kim Cavanaugh Guest

  5. #5

    Hey, Kim,

    I'll buy one of your embarrassing $1.99 tutorials, if that makes you a
    little more relaxed.

    Let me know.

    --
    irvin
    [url]http://www.pixel69.com[/url]

    "Kim Cavanaugh" <REMOVEkimdw-fw-beginners.com> wrote in message
    > Bruce--
    >
    > Thanks for that, very informative. And ignore the troll. It's the content
    > that matters, and the inerview is excellent.
    >
    > --
    > Kim Cavanaugh, author
    > Beginner's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks
    > [url]http://www.dw-fw-beginners.com[/url]
    > ------------
    > Extending Knowledge Daily at:
    > [url]http://www.communitymx.com[/url]
    > ------------
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Fireworks
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    > "Bruce Lawson" <brucedynamiczones.com> wrote in message
    > > given the topicality of today's news that AOL have abandoned Netscape
    and
    > > cut Mozilla loose [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/go?5303[/url], I thought I'd let
    > everyone
    > > know that we've got an interview today with Eric Meyer on DMXzone
    > > [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/go?5307[/url]
    > >
    > > bruce lawson
    > > [url]www.DMXzone.com[/url]

    irvin Guest

  6. #6

    The interview with Eric is free!

    Martha Graham
    [url]www.dmxzone.com[/url]

    "irvin" <noonenoone.com> schreef in bericht
    > "Bruce Lawson" <brucedynamiczones.com> wrote
    > > And, while I don't usually respond to trolls, I've met Eric only once
    and
    > > he's a good friend of a good friend. The tasteless joke about a heart
    > attack
    > > when the guy has recently lost his mother and half his team is cynical
    and
    > > 8%&$.
    > >

    > Tasteless joke? I'll tell you what's tasteless:
    >
    > 1. Bringing up Eric's mother's death in this thread (I wasn't aware that
    > "half his team" was also dead, but that's another matter...).
    > 2. Peddling $1.99 tutorials in these forums.
    >

    > That's tasteless.
    >

    > And a little embarrassing...
    >

    > --
    > irvin
    > [url]http://www.pixel69.com[/url]

    Martha Graham Guest

  7. #7

  8. #8

    > And ignore the troll.

    Good advice, Kim. By the way, I hear you have some excellent tutorials on
    CommunityMX.com - wouldn't surprise me, since that's the standard I've
    always seen in your stuff.

    Cheers,

    --
    Ptty Ayers
    [url]http://www.WebDevBiz.com[/url]

    P@tty *TWB* Guest

  9. #9

    Why are you using Netscape 4.79?

    "wibble" <spamoconnellit.com> wrote in message
    > Your site in netscape 4.79.....FUNNY!!!!!!!!

    Jared Cobb Guest

  10. #10

    actually, eric just responded to a question about the news. (I'm in the UK
    so checked my mail at 2 a.m. after returning from the pub, and fired off a
    question to him).

    The amended interview is being pdf-d and redone now; should be live in about
    an hour.

    And, while I don't usually respond to trolls, I've met Eric only once and
    he's a good friend of a good friend. The tasteless joke about a heart attack
    when the guy has recently lost his mother and half his team is cynical and
    8%&$.

    regards

    "Kim Cavanaugh" <REMOVEkimdw-fw-beginners.com> wrote in message
    > Bruce--
    >
    > Thanks for that, very informative. And ignore the troll. It's the content
    > that matters, and the inerview is excellent.
    >
    > --
    > Kim Cavanaugh, author
    > Beginner's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks
    > [url]http://www.dw-fw-beginners.zl6[/url]
    > ------------
    > Extending Knowledge Daily at:
    > [url]http://www.communitymx.com[/url]
    > ------------
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Fireworks
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    > "Bruce Lawson" <brucedynamiczones.com> wrote in message
    > > given the topicality of today's news that AOL have abandoned Netscape
    and
    > > cut Mozilla loose [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/go?5303[/url], I thought I'd let
    > everyone
    > > know that we've got an interview today with Eric Meyer on DMXzone
    > > [url]http://www.dmxzone.com/go?5307[/url]
    > >
    > > bruce lawson
    > > [url]www.DMXzone.com[/url]

    Bruce Lawson Guest

  11. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    wibble Guest
    Moderated Post

  12. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Murray *TMM* Guest
    Moderated Post

  13. #13

    This page at the "new" ESPN.com looks better to me in Netscape 4, then the
    actual new site design intended for modern browsers.

    [url]http://espn.go.com/browserupgrade.html[/url]

    I have no idea what this means except it may bode well for Fox sports :-)

    If you take an hour and browse some high-profile sites with Nav4 it is a
    sobering experience with no rhyme or reason. I'm not sure what the answer
    is.

    --
    Al Sparber - PVII
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com[/url]

    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > I recently visited a Real Estate agent who prepared an offer for me. She
    > used a browser-based system to input changes to a boilerplate offer
    > doent. The browser she used was NN4.7. I asked her why she used it.
    > She said that it was what the company required.

    Al Sparber- PVII Guest

  14. #14

    Thanks Ptty!

    And I was just thinking about writing you and commending your articles at
    webdevbiz.com. Really enjoyed them. I'm going to have to get one of those
    big bulletin boards to help me keep track of my work!

    --
    "Ptty *TWB*" <payersNOSPAMnc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > And ignore the troll.
    >
    > Good advice, Kim. By the way, I hear you have some excellent tutorials on
    > CommunityMX.com - wouldn't surprise me, since that's the standard I've
    > always seen in your stuff.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > --
    > Ptty Ayers
    > [url]http://www.WebDevBiz.com[/url]
    > Web Design Contract, Estimate Worksheet
    > --

    Kim Cavanaugh Guest

  15. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    wibble Guest
    Moderated Post

  16. #16

    Thank you, Kim. Ah, the bulletin board. I've walked around the file cabinet
    to move things on it about 12 times already today. =)

    Seriously, I've thought of trying a white-board like some people use, but
    it's great to be able to just tack up printed-out emails instead of having
    to write the info down.. so I stick with the mighty bulletin board. :-)

    --

    P@tty *TWB* Guest

  17. #17

    > what happened to the "pen-knife and carve the desk routine

    Sure, as long as there's a space for your Magic 8-Ball for when you need to
    write an estimate! :-)

  18. #18

    Ptty *TWB* wrote:
    >>what happened to the "pen-knife and carve the desk routine
    >

    > Sure, as long as there's a space for your Magic 8-Ball for when you need to
    > write an estimate! :-)
    ;)

    It's been out twice today!

    --
    Cheers jojo
    Team Macromedia Member Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX

    jojo Guest

  19. #19

    Patty,
    Cool! That is great!

    --
    Paul Davis

    Visit for an extension or a few.
    Home of the inTensa Design Gallery and the Calendar Popup Behavior.

    Kaosweaver Extension Support:
    [url]http://www.kaosweaver.com/forum/[/url]

    Kaosweaver Guest