Professional Web Applications Themes

Intuos Tablet - Macromedia Flash

I just purchased an Intuos2 6.x7 graphics pad for fun. I've installed the Adobe Elements 2.0 and Painter software that came with the tablet. I also have Flash MX. Can I use my tablet with Flash? Or how about Freehand? How do I use the tablet? There seems to be no getting started guides that I can see. Are there any how-to websites, or other useful sites that will show beginners like myself how to use my tablet? Thanks -- ....david [url]http://www.micro-mess.com[/url] [url]http://www.va-mustang.com[/url] If you wish to reply to me personally, please remove the "underline" from [email]scandal_123cox.net[/email]. The is done ...

  1. #1

    Default Intuos Tablet

    --
    ....david
    [url]http://www.micro-mess.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.va-mustang.com[/url]
    If you wish to reply to me personally, please remove
    the "underline" from [email]scandal_123cox.net[/email]. The is done to avoid SPAM!

    DavidM Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Intuos Tablet

    > Or how about Freehand?
    Works great for Freehand and Illustrator.

    You kind put the 'cart before the horse', but that's ok. You'll likely learn
    on your own that where your tablet REALLY shines is making adjustments on
    those curves with the 'pen tool' in Freehand.

    It also works well for 'sketching' in Photoshop and Freehand. The pen (that
    comes with the tablet) feels more natural to me than the mouse (or the puck)
    while I'm drawing and sketching.

    You'll find tips and tricks online at the Mfr's web site:
    [url]www.wacom.com/tips/index.cfm?category=Photoshop[/url]

    Larry Wager
    Skagit Media Productions
    larry <at> skagitmedia <dot> com
    [url]www.skagitmedia.com[/url]
    Featuring: Site hosting $8.25 month,
    50% discount for Non-Profits
    MLS Real Estate Sites

    "DavidM" <scandal_123cox.net> wrote in message
    > I just purchased an Intuos2 6.x7 graphics pad for fun.
    >
    > I've installed the Adobe Elements 2.0 and Painter software that came with
    > the tablet.
    >
    > I also have Flash MX. Can I use my tablet with Flash? Or how about
    > Freehand?
    > How do I use the tablet?
    >
    > There seems to be no getting started guides that I can see.
    >
    > Are there any how-to websites, or other useful sites that will show
    > beginners like myself how to use my tablet?
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > --
    > ...david
    > [url]http://www.micro-mess.com[/url]
    > [url]http://www.va-mustang.com[/url]
    > If you wish to reply to me personally, please remove
    > the "underline" from [email]scandal_123cox.net[/email]. The is done to avoid SPAM!

    Larry Guest

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Thanks! I'm not exactly sure what I'm trying to do. I basically want to
    learn to draw cartoon type figures and make my own flash movies. I thought
    it may be nice to trace some things into the computer. I was wondering if I
    should scan and then use PaintShop or Photoshop to trace, or use another
    program such a FreeHand or Illustrator. I'm not sure which is better.

    I already have Flash, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver. So I'm thinking using
    FreeHand will likely be my best bet.

    Essentially, I want to learn to draw and do fun things with my tablet from
    the various applications.

    From what I can tell, it looks like I use use the pen in place of the mouse
    for any/all applications. At least for selecting things --

    I'm surprised the unit didn't come with some getting started guide. It just
    had a 1-2-3 hook it up procedure and have-a-nice day. Nothing more.

  6. #6

    Thanks! I'm not exactly sure what I'm trying to do. I basically want to
    learn to draw cartoon type figures and make my own flash movies. I thought
    it may be nice to trace some things into the computer. I was wondering if I
    should scan and then use PaintShop or Photoshop to trace, or use another
    program such a FreeHand or Illustrator. I'm not sure which is better.

    I already have Flash, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver. So I'm thinking using
    FreeHand will likely be my best bet.

    Essentially, I want to learn to draw and do fun things with my tablet from
    the various applications.

    From what I can tell, it looks like I use use the pen in place of the mouse

  7. #7

    I have a wacom tablet and it works really well for everything from maya to
    flash to illustrator. generally when you set it up, you're going to look
    for some option either in the preferences or like towards the top of the
    screen under the menu that will turn on the pressure sensative
    functionality. i've had the most success in photoshop and painter, these
    applications seem to be designed around a tablet user. also you'll want to
    keep in mind... not sure if you can set it to different modes like mine,
    but you'll want it in pen mode instead of mouse mode before you open these
    applications, otherwise on some programs it doesn't regognize the pressure
    sensativity.

    Chris

> [...]
    > >

    > > "DavidM" <scandal_123cox.net> wrote in message
    > > > I just purchased an Intuos2 6.x7 graphics pad for fun.
    > > >
    > > > I've installed the Adobe Elements 2.0 and Painter software that came
    > with
    > > > the tablet.
    > > >
    > > > I also have Flash MX. Can I use my tablet with Flash? Or how about
    > > > Freehand?
    > > > How do I use the tablet?
    > > >
    > > > There seems to be no getting started guides that I can see.
    > > >
    > > > Are there any how-to websites, or other useful sites that will show
    > > > beginners like myself how to use my tablet?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > ...david
    > > > [url]http://www.micro-mess.com[/url]
    > > > [url]http://www.va-mustang.com[/url]
    > > > If you wish to reply to me personally, please remove
    > > > the "underline" from [email]scandal_123cox.net[/email]. The is done to avoid SPAM!

    InfinityMachine Guest

  8. #8

  9. #9

    copy that.... I do use Wacom Graphirre II.... rocks for everything.....
    Greetz,

    --
    Bastian Cultura-Live.de

    XPiRE Guest