Professional Web Applications Themes

iPhoto - burning to CD - Mac Applications & Software

Bob Haar <bobhaarcomcast.net> writes: > In iPhote, how do I burn images to a CD so that I can share it with people > who use Windows PCs. When I use the Burn CD function, I get a CD with all > kinds of directory structures that get in the way. All I want is the JPEG > files. Insert a blank CD-R. Name it in the Finder. "Export" the images from iPhoto to the CD-R. Burn it. -- Richard W Kaszeta [email]richkaszeta.org[/email] [url]http://www.kaszeta.org/rich[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Re: iPhoto - burning to CD

    --
    Richard W Kaszeta
    [email]richkaszeta.org[/email]
    [url]http://www.kaszeta.org/rich[/url]
    Richard Kaszeta Guest

  2. #2

    Why not create a homepage, with the photos you want, captions, etc,
    using iPhoto, and burning that to CD.

    BR
    Steve

    Richard Kaszeta wrote:
    > Bob Haar <bobhaarcomcast.net> writes:
    >

    >>In iPhote, how do I burn images to a CD so that I can share it with people
    >>who use Windows PCs. When I use the Burn CD function, I get a CD with all
    >>kinds of directory structures that get in the way. All I want is the JPEG
    >>files.
    >

    > Insert a blank CD-R. Name it in the Finder. "Export" the images from
    > iPhoto to the CD-R. Burn it.

    Steve Petree Guest

  3. #3

    >In iPhote, how do I burn images to a CD so that I can share it with people
    >who use Windows PCs.
    Step 1: ut in a blank CD, name it, and let it appear on the Desktop.

    Step 2: Start iPhoto.

    Step 3: Click on the photo(s) to share, and drag them out of iPhoto onto the
    blank CD icon on the Desktop.

    Step 4: Quit iPhoto, click on the CD, and choose "Burn CD" from the "Special"
    menu.

    --
    Rude T-shirts for a rude age: [url]http://www.villaintees.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html[/url]

    Tacit Guest

  4. #4

    On 6/24/03 8:59 AM, "Richard Kaszeta" <richkaszeta.org> wrote:
    > Bob Haar <bobhaarcomcast.net> writes:
    >
    >> In iPhote, how do I burn images to a CD so that I can share it with people
    >> who use Windows PCs. When I use the Burn CD function, I get a CD with all
    >> kinds of directory structures that get in the way. All I want is the JPEG
    >> files.
    >
    > Insert a blank CD-R. Name it in the Finder. "Export" the images from
    > iPhoto to the CD-R. Burn it.
    That is something that I tried. When I inserted a blank CD, a pop-up asked
    what I wanted to use to open it. I picked Finder and named the CD. It then
    appeared on my desktop. But when I go to do a file export from iPhoto, the
    CD doesn't appear in the list of targets. That has Desktop, Home, iDisk,
    Favorites and a number of recently referenced object - but not the CD that I
    just mounted. And I don't see a way to navigate to the Computer level.

    The method that did work is a bit more indirect. I exported the files to a
    temporary folder, then dragged those files to the CD and then selected Burn.

    Bob Haar Guest

  5. #5

    In article <BB1FDBF4.2F2FF%bobhaarcomcast.net>,
    Bob Haar <bobhaarcomcast.net> wrote:
    > On 6/24/03 8:59 AM, "Richard Kaszeta" <richkaszeta.org> wrote:
    >
    > > Bob Haar <bobhaarcomcast.net> writes:
    > >
    > >> In iPhote, how do I burn images to a CD so that I can share it with people
    > >> who use Windows PCs. When I use the Burn CD function, I get a CD with all
    > >> kinds of directory structures that get in the way. All I want is the JPEG
    > >> files.
    > >
    > > Insert a blank CD-R. Name it in the Finder. "Export" the images from
    > > iPhoto to the CD-R. Burn it.
    >
    > That is something that I tried. When I inserted a blank CD, a pop-up asked
    > what I wanted to use to open it. I picked Finder and named the CD. It then
    > appeared on my desktop. But when I go to do a file export from iPhoto, the
    > CD doesn't appear in the list of targets. That has Desktop, Home, iDisk,
    > Favorites and a number of recently referenced object - but not the CD that I
    > just mounted. And I don't see a way to navigate to the Computer level.
    [...]

    When you get to the file export dialog that displays folders, there
    should be a scroll bar beneath the folder panes. Slide it all the way to
    the left, and you should see the mounted volumes, including the CD you
    are preparing to burn. Select it, and you should be able to save to that
    CD image.

    --
    Gordon Alley <*>
    <mailto:galleytexas.net>

  6. #6

    sbt <dogbreathchaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:
    > In article <BB1D3415.2E4AC%bobhaarcomcast.net>, Bob Haar
    > <bobhaarcomcast.net> wrote:
    >
    > > In iPhote, how do I burn images to a CD so that I can share it with people
    > > who use Windows PCs. When I use the Burn CD function, I get a CD with all
    > > kinds of directory structures that get in the way. All I want is the JPEG
    > > files.
    > >

    > If you have Toast, get the free iPhoto plugin from [url]www.elgato.com[/url] that
    > will show up in the Export dialog and export the selected images to
    > Toast for a hybrid CD burn.

    I have found that this plug-in is for iPhoto 1.1.1; does it work with
    iPhoto 2?

    Ronald.
    Ronald Acheson Guest

  7. #7

    On 6/26/03 12:04 AM, "Gordon B. Alley" <galleytexas.net> wrote:
    > In article <BB1FDBF4.2F2FF%bobhaarcomcast.net>,
    > Bob Haar <bobhaarcomcast.net> wrote:

    >>> Insert a blank CD-R. Name it in the Finder. "Export" the images from
    >>> iPhoto to the CD-R. Burn it.
    >>
    >> That is something that I tried. When I inserted a blank CD, a pop-up asked
    >> what I wanted to use to open it. I picked Finder and named the CD. It then
    >> appeared on my desktop. But when I go to do a file export from iPhoto, the
    >> CD doesn't appear in the list of targets.
    > When you get to the file export dialog that displays folders, there
    > should be a scroll bar beneath the folder panes. Slide it all the way to
    > the left, and you should see the mounted volumes, including the CD you
    > are preparing to burn. Select it, and you should be able to save to that
    > CD image.
    Thanks for being so specific. That was the "obvious" part that I wasn't
    getting. I was looking in the pull-down list in the "To:" target and never
    thought to use the horizontal scroll that was her down the screen.

    Bob Haar Guest