Professional Web Applications Themes

iPhoto: how to PAUSE slideshow - Mac Applications & Software

hi again how can i PAUSE, not abort a slideshow in iPhoto to view a photo longer than others? when i hit the esc key the show aborts completely and i don't know how yo restart the show from that point. any help is appreciated! leo...

  1. #1

    Default iPhoto: how to PAUSE slideshow

    hi again

    how can i PAUSE, not abort a slideshow in iPhoto to view a photo longer than
    others?

    when i hit the esc key the show aborts completely and i don't know how yo
    restart the show from that point.

    any help is appreciated!

    leo

    Leo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: iPhoto: how to PAUSE slideshow

    how can i PAUSE, not abort a slideshow in iPhoto to view a photo longer
    than

    In iView MediaPro (plug), hitting the Space bar pauses the slide show;
    arrow keys let you step forward or backward one slide at a time; hitting
    the Space bar again restarts the show.
    AES/newspost Guest

  3. #3

    In article <bl8edj$2btb$netspace.net.au>,
    "Leo" <isys.com.au> wrote:

    Big hint: there is a Help menu in the iPhoto application that would've
    answered your questions rather easily.
    Vincent Guest

  4. #4

    is iView MediaPro a part of iPhoto? if so, how do i start it? just be
    hitting the slide show icon in iPhoto?

    or is it a seperat app? if so, where can i get it?

    cheers, leo

    "AES/newspost" <edu> wrote in message
    news:stanford.edu... [/ref]
    yo

    > In iView MediaPro (plug), hitting the Space bar pauses the slide show;
    > arrow keys let you step forward or backward one slide at a time; hitting
    > the Space bar again restarts the show.[/ref]

    Leo Guest

  5. #5

    In article <blaif4$123l$netspace.net.au>,
    "Leo" <isys.com.au> wrote:

    Yo, Leo! Just hit the pause bar during the slideshow and it will pause
    the photo.

    I was serious about the Help menu thing. :)
    Vincent Guest

  6. #6

    In article <blaif4$123l$netspace.net.au>,
    "Leo" <isys.com.au> wrote:

    It's a commercial, but very modestly priced, app

    http://www.iview-multimedia.com/

    used and liked by quite a few of us. I've used it long enough
    and been happy enough with it that I'm a bit pushy about
    plugging it in response to iPhoto queries where doing so
    doesn't seem to be too out of line -- no connection with the
    vendor, I'd just like to help keep it around and successful.
    AES/newspost Guest

  7. #7

    Vincent Vega <net> wrote:

    > Big hint: there is a Help menu in the iPhoto application that would've
    > answered your questions rather easily.[/ref]

    Until I read this thread I had not found that simply pressing the space
    bar toggled a slide show between pause/continue, whereas a mouse click
    aborts it. Now that I have looked at the iPhoto help there it is. But
    the present help file format is very tedious to use, and does not take
    one to the information easily.

    Ronald Acheson
    Ronald Guest

  8. #8

    In article <1g24830.11edu7ejnaytcN%com>,
    com (Ronald Acheson) wrote:

    Ok, it's not a speed demon but I opened it just now and put "pause" and
    "slideshow" in the search field and got the pertinent info immediately.

    My whole point is that some people who post questions like this can
    usually get the answers immediately if they'd at least give the Help
    menu a try.
    Vincent Guest

  9. #9

    Unfortunately, slide shows on DVD don't seem to be controllable.

    What I'd really like is to make NARRATED SLIDE SHOW ON DVD.

    The only way I know how to do this is with iMovie
    which was not intended for this purpose and is tedious.

    --
    o ~
    _-'\_ ~ Jon Claerbout: jon sep.stanford.edu

  10. #10

    In article <bld1oe$i1l$Stanford.EDU>, Jon Claerbout
    <Stanford.EDU> wrote:

    Check out LiveSlideShow from TotallyHip Software. It is designed
    expressly for creating slideshows, but offers the control of iMovie (in
    fact, a number of the interface elements are very similar).

    Slideshows made with iDVD are controllable -- just set the duration to
    Manual.

    --
    Spenser
    sbt Guest