you could also try body { margin : 0px 0px 0px 0px; padding:0px; } or body { margin : 0px; padding:0px; } as a shorthand method. This will take care of the margins in IE4+ and NN6. To take care of NN4x, you will need to use MODIFY | Page Properties... and set the two right hand margin fields (marginwidth and marginheight) to 0. -- Murray --- ICQ 71997575 Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!) ================== [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS ================== [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage! [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes ================== "mark4man" wrote in message news:bf2fl0$3u8$1@forums.macromedia.com...[quote] > Murray, > > Sorry I panicked so abruptly. Went back & figured out how to create[/quote] layout cells. Created 4 of those; & placed 2 of the 4 images. Went back again; & figured out how to create rollovers (DW drops them directly into the page)...so I placed those 2; & managed to arrange the 4 cells together.[quote] > > Everything looks great, but I seem to have a default spacing of around[/quote] 3/16" from the top & left of table to the edges of the page.[quote] > > Anyway to get that closer? > > Also: Now that the header of my home page is in the form of a table...if I[/quote] create the rest of the site with layers...or if I mix layers & tables, is that bad?[quote] > > Thanks very much; & thanks for the links, as well. > > Sorry I panicked...had a tough day on the bricks & was in no mood to[/quote] expend extra calculative energy. Once I relaxed, I managed to get it done.[quote] > > mark4man > >[/quote] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Murray *TMM* [ip] => forums@HAHAgrea [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> IR Slices into DW Layers...for Rollovers-OK! - Macromedia Dreamweaver

IR Slices into DW Layers...for Rollovers-OK! - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Murray, Sorry I panicked so abruptly. Went back & figured out how to create layout cells. Created 4 of those; & placed 2 of the 4 images. Went back again; & figured out how to create rollovers (DW drops them directly into the page)...so I placed those 2; & managed to arrange the 4 cells together. Everything looks great, but I seem to have a default spacing of around 3/16" from the top & left of table to the edges of the page. Anyway to get that closer? Also: Now that the header of my home page is in the ...

Default Re: IR Slices into DW Layers...for Rollovers-OK!

Murray,

Sorry I panicked so abruptly. Went back & figured out how to create layout cells. Created 4 of those; & placed 2 of the 4 images. Went back again; & figured out how to create rollovers (DW drops them directly into the page)...so I placed those 2; & managed to arrange the 4 cells together.

Everything looks great, but I seem to have a default spacing of around 3/16" from the top & left of table to the edges of the page.

Anyway to get that closer?

Also: Now that the header of my home page is in the form of a table...if I create the rest of the site with layers...or if I mix layers & tables, is that bad?

Thanks very much; & thanks for the links, as well.

Sorry I panicked...had a tough day on the bricks & was in no mood to expend extra calculative energy. Once I relaxed, I managed to get it done.

mark4man

mark4man webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

Default Re: IR Slices into DW Layers...for Rollovers-OK!

mark:

I'm glad you persisted.
    > Went back & figured out how to create layout cells.
    Now flush this part of your brain with Chlorox, and go back and figure out
    how to do it in Standard Mode. Layout Mode is a death-trap for new
    developers. Never use it again! 8)
    > Everything looks great, but I seem to have a default spacing of around
    3/16" from the top & left of table to the edges of the page.

I can't see your code <hint> but I guess this is because you haven't set
    your page margins - the fix will be posted later.
    > Also: Now that the header of my home page is in the form of a table...if I
    create the rest of the site with layers...or if I mix layers & tables, is
    that bad?

Not at all. Just make sure that you understand some of the limitations of
    using them together -

[url]http://www.thepattysite.com/layer_laws.cfm[/url]

To set page margins -

Link to an external stylesheet (using DW's CSS editor), or embed a
    stylesheet in your code (between <head> and </head>) with the following
    style in it (embedded shown for cut-n-paste convenience) (assuming you want
    zero margins) -

<style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body { margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left:
    0px; padding:0px; }
    -->
    </style>

you could also try

body { margin : 0px 0px 0px 0px; padding:0px; }

or

body { margin : 0px; padding:0px; }

as a shorthand method.

This will take care of the margins in IE4+ and NN6. To take care of NN4x,
    you will need to use MODIFY | Page Properties... and set the two right hand
    margin fields (marginwidth and marginheight) to 0.

--
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    ==================
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    ANSWERS
    ==================
    [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    ==================

"mark4man" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    news:bf2fl0$3u8$1forums.macromedia.com...
    > Murray,
    >
    > Sorry I panicked so abruptly. Went back & figured out how to create
    layout cells. Created 4 of those; & placed 2 of the 4 images. Went back
    again; & figured out how to create rollovers (DW drops them directly into
    the page)...so I placed those 2; & managed to arrange the 4 cells together.
    >
    > Everything looks great, but I seem to have a default spacing of around
    3/16" from the top & left of table to the edges of the page.
    >
    > Anyway to get that closer?
    >
    > Also: Now that the header of my home page is in the form of a table...if I
    create the rest of the site with layers...or if I mix layers & tables, is
    that bad?
    >
    > Thanks very much; & thanks for the links, as well.
    >
    > Sorry I panicked...had a tough day on the bricks & was in no mood to
    expend extra calculative energy. Once I relaxed, I managed to get it done.
    >
    > mark4man
    >
    >

Murray *TMM* Guest