Professional Web Applications Themes

Is Fireworks better than Photoshop???????? - Macromedia Fireworks

i am trying to blend multiple pictures into a collage using fireworks. normally in photoshop i would just use the eraser tool with a blur brush and fade each picture near the edges. i tried using the eraser tool in fireworks to do the same effect but it completely erases the photo rather than blend. what tool in fireworks should i use in order to blend multiple images into one another??? kind of like [url]http://vawebguys.com/homepage.htm[/url] I hate the average 9 to 5....

  1. #1

    Default Is Fireworks better than Photoshop????????

    J-Luv webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Is Fireworks better than Photoshop????????

    Check the Fireworks Support website for the Masking tutorial. I think
    you'll find that for this, FW IS better than Photoshop.

    HTH;

    Amy

    "J-Luv" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > i am trying to blend multiple pictures into a collage using fireworks.
    normally in photoshop i would just use the eraser tool with a blur brush and
    fade each picture near the edges. i tried using the eraser tool in fireworks
    to do the same effect but it completely erases the photo rather than blend.

    > what tool in fireworks should i use in order to blend multiple images into
    one another??? kind of like [url]http://vawebguys.com/homepage.htm[/url]

    > I hate the average 9 to 5.

    Amy Blankenship Guest

  3. #3

    You could use the eraser tool in Fireworks - the Properties Bar gives you
    control over opacity and feathering to get the result you achieve with
    Photoshop. However, I think you'd get better and certainly more flexible
    results using a mask. Linda's tutorial at
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/fw/p_montage/index.htm[/url] should help
    you.

    Using Fireworks should invoke a different thought process to Photoshop. I'm
    not sure how much Photoshop's vector capibilities have come along, but in
    Fireworks they are certainly first class, making for very non-destructive
    editibility.

    Rich

    "J-Luv" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > i am trying to blend multiple pictures into a collage using fireworks.
    normally in photoshop i would just use the eraser tool with a blur brush and
    fade each picture near the edges. i tried using the eraser tool in fireworks
    to do the same effect but it completely erases the photo rather than blend.

    > what tool in fireworks should i use in order to blend multiple images into
    one another??? kind of like [url]http://vawebguys.com/homepage.htm[/url]

    Richie Bee Guest

  4. #4

    Here is a link to a masking tutorial at CommunityMX :
    [url]http://www.communitymx.com/abstract.cfm?cid=E13ABC76723BFC41[/url]

    While you are there, check out all of their content. You can access lots of
    information that is free, and, as well, you can subscribe to the service for
    members-only services and articles/tutorials. They offer a free limited
    time trial membership as well. I have learned a LOT in a very short time
    from the experts at CMX. [url]http://www.communitymx.com[/url]

    Craig.

    "J-Luv" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > i am trying to blend multiple pictures into a collage using fireworks.
    normally in photoshop i would just use the eraser tool with a blur brush and
    fade each picture near the edges. i tried using the eraser tool in fireworks
    to do the same effect but it completely erases the photo rather than blend.

    > what tool in fireworks should i use in order to blend multiple images into
    one another??? kind of like [url]http://vawebguys.com/homepage.htm[/url]

    > I hate the average 9 to 5.

    Craig Hartel Guest