Professional Web Applications Themes

Is it ok...? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hello everyone. I have just finished building my first site and would like for you to tell me what you think; Is it aesthetically pleasing/ easy on the eye? Did you encounter any errors? Does it look odd in your browser? Did it take too long to load? Is there anything about the site that you would change? Anything you would add or remove? Is there anything about the site that is particularly annoying? Did you notice any inconsistancy with the design? Your help would be much appreciated. As I mentioned, this is ...

  1. #1

    Default Is it ok...?

    Hello everyone.

    I have just finished building my first site and would like for you to
    tell me what you think;

    Is it aesthetically pleasing/ easy on the eye?
    Did you encounter any errors?
    Does it look odd in your browser?
    Did it take too long to load?
    Is there anything about the site that you would change? Anything you
    would add or remove?
    Is there anything about the site that is particularly annoying?
    Did you notice any inconsistancy with the design?

    Your help would be much appreciated. As I mentioned, this is my very
    first site, so I'm not sure how my site would rate. Just want to get
    some opinions before I start passing the address on to friends.

    Thanks!

    - [url]http://www.wink.now.nu/[/url]
    dotts Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Is it ok...?

    Dunno if this helps but if you open the source for the iframe
    ([url]http://www.livejournal.com/users/dotts/[/url]) in it's own window, it seems to
    always be just slightly bigger horizontally than the window no matter what
    size you drag it to be. It's IE6 on XP Pro I'm trying this.

    At a guess I would say it's prob something to do with all the padded space
    you're using around the edges of the site but I can't say for certain.

    "dotts" <dottsiprimus.com.au> wrote in message
    > rickm wrote:
    > > > ? Did you encounter any errors?
    > >
    > > On the opening screen...where journal is, the text in your journal is
    being
    > > cut off on the right side of the screen.
    >
    > hmmm that's really weird. I have asked two others to test it for me on
    > various machines. One of them had that same problem on her computer -
    > she was running IE 5.something in Windows XP. The other person who had
    > a similar set-up didn't have this problem on any of the PCs or Macs it
    > was tested on. Wonder what's going on...
    > Suggestions, anyone?

    Kev Middleman Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Dotts,
    Nice site. I did encounter a problem with the image on the home page.
    It gets cut off at the forehead. Also, I wouldn't use frames if possible.
    I've encountered many problems using frames in the past and find it better
    to use tables. Just an opinion, and something to consider when you test
    your site in as many different browsers as possilbe and come across any
    problems with layout problems. Hope this information helps!
    -D-

    "dotts" <dottsiprimus.com.au> wrote in message
    > rickm wrote:
    > > > ? Did you encounter any errors?
    > >
    > > On the opening screen...where journal is, the text in your journal is
    being
    > > cut off on the right side of the screen.
    >
    > hmmm that's really weird. I have asked two others to test it for me on
    > various machines. One of them had that same problem on her computer -
    > she was running IE 5.something in Windows XP. The other person who had
    > a similar set-up didn't have this problem on any of the PCs or Macs it
    > was tested on. Wonder what's going on...
    > Suggestions, anyone?

    Dwayne Epps Guest

  4. #4

    In article <bepb85$n0l$1forums.macromedia.com>, Dwayne Epps
    <dwayneeppscenturytel.net> wrote:

    > Also, I wouldn't use frames if possible.
    > I've encountered many problems using frames in the past and find it better
    > to use tables.
    Thanks for the feedback :)
    I detest frames, so I was kinda annoyed at having to use them on the
    site. Because I have a free livejournal account, the only way to embed
    the journal in my site is via an iframe :(
    I'm thinking about greymatter or pmachine and hosting it on my computer
    though. That way I can have the journal just the way I want it - in a
    table!
    dotts Guest

  5. #5

    On your snaps page the images cover over the squares that are the links so
    you can only choose an uncovered square. I am using Win2k with IE6 and
    1024*768 screen size

    --
    John McGerr

    [url]http://www.mostrim.org[/url]

    Remove the 123 to reply

    > Hello everyone.
    >
    > I have just finished building my first site and would like for you to
    > tell me what you think;
    >
    > ? Is it aesthetically pleasing/ easy on the eye?
    > ? Did you encounter any errors?
    > ? Does it look odd in your browser?
    > ? Did it take too long to load?
    > ? Is there anything about the site that you would change? Anything you
    > would add or remove?
    > ? Is there anything about the site that is particularly annoying?
    > ? Did you notice any inconsistancy with the design?
    >
    > Your help would be much appreciated. As I mentioned, this is my very
    > first site, so I'm not sure how my site would rate. Just want to get
    > some opinions before I start passing the address on to friends.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > - [url]http://www.wink.now.nu/[/url]

    John McGerr Guest