Professional Web Applications Themes

Is it possible to save many scanned photos to a single PDF file? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Please, help :)...

  1. #1

    Default Is it possible to save many scanned photos to a single PDF file?

    Please, help :)
    Siarhei Vaurynovich Guest

  2. #2

    I do not think that is possible, unless you combine the photos in Photoshop on a single canvas, but that becomes, in effect, a single image.
    Just curious: why would you want to do that?
    bert
    Bert Bigelow Guest

  3. #3

    I suspect you would need Acrobat to do what you're wishing for. I've done that using Acrobat to build an easily transportable photo album.

    :-)

    Brent
    brent bertram Guest

  4. #4

    Unless the reference is to the PDF slide show, which does put a group of
    images into a single PDF file...

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  5. #5

    "Siarhei Vaurynovich" <vssdgap.mipt.ru> wrote in message
    > Please, help :)
    As some people have implied, it depends on your goal. If you have Acrobat,
    not the reader but the full program, you can add pages to a single Acrobat
    file, much like a photo album. Each page may be viewed separately, but the
    entire collection could be passed as a single file.

    If you have another purpose in mind, please elaborate on what you mean by
    your subject heading.

    Major Malfunction Guest

  6. #6

    As Brent has indicated, you need either full Acrobat or another program (such as PageMaker, InDesign, or MS WORD with PDF abilities, etc.) to make multiple paged PDF files. Element will make a single page PDF as will many programs, but it takes doent making programs such as those listed above to make multiple paged PDF files.

    Bob
    BobHill Guest

  7. #7

    The slideshow in Elements 2.0 is in fact a multipage PDF with transitions.

    Rich
    Richard Coencas Guest

  8. #8

    You are able to accomplish this with Adobe Photoshop Album. I happened to use it to create a 'slideshow' but the resulting PDF, when viewing using the latest Adobe Reader v6 (free), not only displayed the slideshow, but if you exit the slideshow, you are able to simply click-through each of the PDF pages, just as you normally would do so. Though the slideshow format introduced some 'framing', the image files within the PDF are unchanged. Try out the freebie version of Album and see if that works for you. You may also find available a non-slideshow PDF output for your needs.

    Best regards,
    Walt
    W Bobrowski Guest

  9. #9

    I think if you use the slide show, which does produce multi-pages, and set it for manual transition, it looks pretty much like an ordinary PDF file. I recently did one with transitions and didn't really like it, but when I hit the esc key it looks like a PDF file, and you can cycle through the pictures.

    What you can't do, I think, is add any verbage. I think the names of the picture would have to be on the picture itself.

    Connie
    Connie Harrington Guest

  10. #10

    Thanks to all for instructions for making PDF files using Photoshop Elements. I made a slideshow with the images/doents I wanted. I added a slide at the beginning that says "Click escape for the standard view of Adobe Acrobat", in case the recipient wasn't familiar with slideshows.

    Michele
    Michele_Mills@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Yes, if you have access to a really good photocopier it is practically automatic. even 2-sided copies.
    Unregistered Guest

  12. #12

    There are a ton of free photo to PDF converters on the Web. Google for them.
    JWSearle is offline Junior Member
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hampshire