Professional Web Applications Themes

Is it possible to change the default font used by Illustrator? - Adobe Illustrator Windows

Jim: Yes there is an appropriate place for this information. It is called the Help Files. I have looked but my search strategy cannot find. steve...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Is it possible to change the default font used by Illustrator?

    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #22

    I agree 100%, Stephen.

    If there is one thing I have NOT been impressed with in CS2 it is the system of Help Files. I often do a search and nothing comes up - or something totally unrelated comes up. I personally think they have some work to do in that area.

    But on the other hand, if they are going to publish technical updates, which they will probably always have to do, they need to index them and publish their location so users can check for them on a regular basis. Or are they already doing that and I'm just missing it?
    Jim_Treganza@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #23

    So I shall have to limit the AIPrefs instructions to cover AI10 and older versions, and state the new ones for CS and CS2; another update.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #24

    That techdoc has been added to the Forum FAQs

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #25

    Very nice, Len. All we need to do now is to make people read the FAQs.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #26

    Here's another killer, though.

    I've modified both the CMYK and RGB setup files so that doents now open with the default font that I want - Myriad Pro. Great. Perfect.

    I also modified the AIPrefs file to match with MyriadPro-Regular as the Roman default. It took and stopped substituting Myriad-Roman back.

    So, I deleted the T1 Myriad Roman font from my hard drive. Makes sense, right? I no longer need it with all of those new Myriad Open Type fonts on my system. Just clutters up my font menu.

    Well, Illustrator CS2 is still listing Myriad Roman* in the Illustrator font list. So no matter what I do, Illustrator is still asking for a font that Adobe doesn't even sell anymore!
    Jim_Treganza@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #27

    Jim,

    So you get an error message? And Myriad is not in the bin?

    If that is the case, you should be able to retrieve it by reinstalling Illy. This will not change the AIPrefs, but I believe you should make backups of the Startup files.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #28

    All I'm saying is that I don't see why you need to have both the Open Type Myriad and Type 1 Myriad installed on your computer to make Illustrator CS2 function without getting a missing font message in the Illustrator menu.

    Open Type Myriad comes in the box with CS2. I can solve this problem by installing the Myriad Roman, which I of course have on hand in my collection of fonts. What I'm saying is that it's ridiculous for Adobe to be requiring the brand new Illustrator CS2 to run on a supposedly obsolete Type 1 font when they are making such a big deal out of Open Type being the new industry standard that they ship with the product.

    Incidentally, none of the other new CS2 applications require the Myriad Roman or any other Type 1 font to be present on the system that I can see.
    Jim_Treganza@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #29

    Jim,

    All I'm saying is ...

    I am afraid there is much to be said.

    But I am glad it did not bring serious trouble.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #30

    And about that you are certainly correct.
    Jim_Treganza@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #31

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 06:18:27 -0700, the inscrutable
    com spake:

    I just DLed the last 500 messages and saw no FAQ in subject headers.
    Pointers, please?

    -
    The only reason I would take up exercising is || http://diversify.com
    so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites
    Larry Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12