Professional Web Applications Themes

Is it possible to display WinForm in a WebForm? - ASP.NET General

Is it possible to insert a WinForm in a WebForm? I'd like for example to insert a managed directx viewer in a webform, that would display 3d graphics on the form? Is this possible? Regards, Z....

  1. #1

    Default Is it possible to display WinForm in a WebForm?

    Is it possible to insert a WinForm in a WebForm?

    I'd like for example to insert a managed directx viewer in a webform,
    that would display 3d graphics on the form?
    Is this possible?

    Regards,
    Z.

    Zingam Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Is it possible to display WinForm in a WebForm? (suggestion)

    Thanks! Unfortunately the puzzle sample does not work and I cannot
    figure out why.
    I have found another example too and it does not work either.
    The list box example works.

    It would be nice if it is possible to embed windows forms controls in a
    html page just like any java applet or activex control, so that they
    work without IIS. It would be very useful for HTML based applications:
    like mutlimedia presentation CD-ROMs, catalogues on a CD, etc. I have
    seen such to use java applets but I'd prefer to develop myself .NET
    based multimedia CDs but only if the windows forms controls could run
    from a CD without the need of Windows 2000+ with IIS installed and
    properly configured.

    Thank you!

    Z.

    "Craig Deelsnyder" <com> wrote in message
    news:phx.gbl... [/ref]
    webform,

    >[/ref]

    Zingam Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks! Unfortunately the puzzle sample does not work and I cannot
    figure out why.
    I have found another example too and it does not work either.
    The list box example works.

    It would be nice if it is possible to embed windows forms controls in a
    html page just like any java applet or activex control, so that they
    work without IIS. It would be very useful for HTML based applications:
    like mutlimedia presentation CD-ROMs, catalogues on a CD, etc. I have
    seen such to use java applets but I'd prefer to develop myself .NET
    based multimedia CDs but only if the windows forms controls could run
    from a CD without the need of Windows 2000+ with IIS installed and
    properly configured.

    Thank you!

    Z.

    "Craig Deelsnyder" <com> wrote in message
    news:phx.gbl... [/ref]
    webform,

    >[/ref]

    Zingam Guest

  4. #4

    guess I forgot to mention that it only works in IE. I wonder if you could
    somehow use this in a similar way, though, by just referencing the .dll as a
    filepath (not using http)? Don't see why not; all this code is really doing
    is checking the local app/GAC for the dll referenced; if not there, it
    follows the http path given....worth a try

    you can still use ActiveX controls, btw

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    "Zingam" <com> wrote in message
    news:phx.gbl... [/ref]
    > webform,
    > >
    > >[/ref]
    >

    >[/ref]

    Craig Guest

  5. #5

    Hi,

    Not just IE but installation of .Net framework on the client. Anyway it
    works fine, I have application that use Windows Custom and user controls
    for enhanced visualization (of links) and GIS.

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    34th Elkalay st. Raanana
    Israel , 43000
    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
    Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Guest

  6. #6

    ah, yes, can't wait til we're all on server 2003; sometimes forget the .NET
    part of it all :-)

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET