Professional Web Applications Themes

Is it possible to define tables within FW before exporting to DW MX ? - Macromedia Fireworks

I designed my website in FW but every time I export it to DW , I have to re-create tables and cells then place those graphics that exported back in the same positions within the tables as they were in FW. As usual it gets pretty messy. Is it possible to create tables in FW while in designing a site. Thanks in advance FO...

  1. #1

    Default Is it possible to define tables within FW before exporting to DW MX ?

    I designed my website in FW but every time I export it to DW , I have to
    re-create tables and cells then place those graphics that exported back in
    the same positions within the tables as they were in FW. As usual it gets
    pretty messy.

    Is it possible to create tables in FW while in designing a site.

    Thanks in advance

    FO

    Downunder Guest

  2. #2

    Downunder wrote:

    That's what you are doing when you slice an image.

    Linda Rathgeber
    Design Aid: 10-Palette Pack for Fireworks & Flash
    http://www.webdevbiz.com/graphics.cfm
    Playing with Fire | http://www.playingwithfire.com
    Victoriana | Theme Pack 03 - Club | http://www.projectseven.com
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | www.macromedia.com/go/team

    Linda Guest

  3. #3

    So when I slice , doest create a cell or Table per slice?
    Thanks

    PS: sorry about the email

  5. #5

    Thanks Linda,

    How can I designate certain areas as tables within FW . Say If I want top
    section (banner area) as one table and , side bar as one table and footer as
    one table etc.

    I normally would not want to do this in FW but client wanted very
    graphically oriented index (home) page. In order to create subsequent pages
    I need the the elements in tables otherwise when I place text in the body,
    all the side bar navigation gets s p a c e d o u t .

    Is there a solution to this?

    Thanks for your answer

    Faruk

  6. #6

    Downunder wrote:

    Yes, though a lot depends on the design itself. Without seeing I can't
    guarantee that my suggestions will be much help. If the content area
    doesn't have any image slices below it, then no problems. Set up the FW
    HTML preferences to export the nested tables. That way when the content
    area stretches out to accommodate text, your side navbar won't stretch
    with it. You can also (and many people would say you should) create your
    images in Fireworks, but your tables in Dreamweaver. Export just the
    images from FW and put them in your Dreamweaver table. If there is a
    navbar, use the Export area tool to export it and place it in a cell of
    your Dreamweaver table.

    You could also export the navbar as images only and use them to create
    rollovers, image swaps, etc. in Dreamweaver. It does take a bit more
    time to do it that way, however.

  7. #7

    Good point Linda, I missed out 'Set up the FW
    HTML preferences to export the nested tables.'

    Onece I did that than I can re create tables in DW, at least this way I can
    copy and paste cells /tables to match number of cells in DW.

    Thanks Linda

  8. #8

    Downunder wrote:

    Sure ting. :-)