Professional Web Applications Themes

Is it possible to make Local testing links in FW? - Macromedia Fireworks

Hey I am working on a navigation bar in FW and bringing it into the rest of the site that I am building in DW. Is there a way to set the links in FW of the nav bar so that they link up locally? (like you can do in dreamweaver and just browse for a file and select it) Or do you have to point the link to a URL that actually exists on the internet? If the latter is true then how can you test the links and site navigation out without posting the whole thing? Thanks, Dubs...

  1. #1

    Default Is it possible to make Local testing links in FW?

    Hey I am working on a navigation bar in FW and bringing it into the rest of
    the site that I am building in DW. Is there a way to set the links in FW of
    the nav bar so that they link up locally? (like you can do in dreamweaver
    and just browse for a file and select it) Or do you have to point the link
    to a URL that actually exists on the internet? If the latter is true then
    how can you test the links and site navigation out without posting the whole
    thing?

    Thanks,

    Dubs

    Steven Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Is it possible to make Local testing links in FW?

    Steven:

    When you say navigation bar, do you mean the FW pop-up menus?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Steven Dubbeldam" <com> wrote in message
    of
    of
    whole

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Murray:

    Yes that is what I mean. See I made that navigation bar then made buttons,
    then made pop-up menu's on the slices created by the buttons.

    On 1/28/04 12:15 PM, in article bv91tr$lh3$macromedia.com, "Murray

    Steven Guest

  4. #4

    Before you take another step, do a search on this forum for every message
    that contains "pop-up" or "popup" in the subject line. Read 1% of the hits.

    Come back with a sworn, signed, and notarized affadavit that this is really
    what you intend to do, and I'll help you.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Steven Dubbeldam" <com> wrote in message
    "Murray
    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    I definitely can see the myriad of pop-up problems via FW, and have taken a
    look at the project 7 stuff. I would be up for the tutorials but will the
    method that they use allow me to have the same design freedom as Fireworks
    does? That is really my only concern with using something other than FW.

    Steve

    On 1/28/04 1:02 PM, in article bv94l4$p13$macromedia.com, "Murray

    Steven Guest

  6. #6

    Steven Dubbeldam wrote:

    You'll actually have *more* design freedom without any of the drawbacks
    of the truly crappy FW/DW popups. You can also look at PVII's commercial
    menuing products if you want a more automated solution.

    Stéphane
    Stéphane Guest