[allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => BKBK [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Is it possible to execute CFM code in the background? - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

Is it possible to execute CFM code in the background? - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

Hi, I'd be really grateful if somebody could please help me with this issue. Is it possible to execute CFM code in the background and open up a page on the browser for that? Actually, we're running 2 systems in parallel, 1 in VB and 1 in CF (we're actually migrating from VB-Access Db to CFMX 7-MySQL Db) and when an input or an update is done in the VB program, it calls a CFM to do the processing. But at the moment, we get a popup "Update Done" etc, on the browser, which is quite annoying, and the users ...

Sponsored Links

Default Is it possible to execute CFM code in the background?

Hi,

I'd be really grateful if somebody could please help me with this issue.

Is it possible to execute CFM code in the background and open up a page on the
    browser for that?

Actually, we're running 2 systems in parallel, 1 in VB and 1 in CF (we're
    actually migrating from VB-Access Db to CFMX 7-MySQL Db) and when an input or
    an update is done in the VB program, it calls a CFM to do the processing.

But at the moment, we get a popup "Update Done" etc, on the browser, which is
    quite annoying, and the users don't want this. In other words, I still need to
    run the CFM code but it shouldn't display a page or a popup on the browser. Is
    that possible?

Thanks and regards,
    Yogesh Mahadnac

Sponsored Links
    YogeshM Guest

Default Re: Is it possible to execute CFM code in thebackground?

I still need to run the CFM code but it shouldn't display a page or a popup
    on the browser. Is that possible?

Yes, it is. Here are some possibilities

<cfsilent>
    <!--- put in this code block the output you don't want client to see --->
    </cfsilent>

<cfsetting enablecfoutputonly="yes">
    <!--- client will not see anything within cfoutput tags in this code block
    --->
    <cfsetting enablecfoutputonly="no"><!--- required at the end of the block --->

BKBK Guest

Two methods that might work are:
    1. Make the cf code a webservice.
    2. Run the cf template in a very small iframe.

Originally posted by: YogeshM
    Hi,

I'd be really grateful if somebody could please help me with this issue.

Is it possible to execute CFM code in the background and open up a page on the
    browser for that?

Actually, we're running 2 systems in parallel, 1 in VB and 1 in CF (we're
    actually migrating from VB-Access Db to CFMX 7-MySQL Db) and when an input or
    an update is done in the VB program, it calls a CFM to do the processing.

But at the moment, we get a popup "Update Done" etc, on the browser, which is
    quite annoying, and the users don't want this. In other words, I still need to
    run the CFM code but it shouldn't display a page or a popup on the browser. Is
    that possible?

Thanks and regards,
    Yogesh Mahadnac

Dan Guest

Thanks a lot guys!

I really appreciate your help.

I'll give it a try.

Cheers!

Yog
    YogeshM Guest