Professional Web Applications Themes

Is it possible to create multiple PDF files from a single MS Access report run. - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I do a significant amount of reporting out of Microsoft Access databases and I an looking to increase our effeciency by utilizing PDF files for distribution. Currently, I have a database that generates four different reports that I provide to around 20 indivinuals in my organization. Each of the four reports are set up with a page break for each person receiving the report. With a single report that can be as large as 1000 pages we break the reports down and distribute them. In order to generate PDF files for email distribution, I have had to create 80 reports ...

  1. #1

    Default Is it possible to create multiple PDF files from a single MS Access report run.

    I do a significant amount of reporting out of Microsoft Access databases and I an looking to increase our effeciency by utilizing PDF files for distribution.

    Currently, I have a database that generates four different reports that I provide to around 20 indivinuals in my organization. Each of the four reports are set up with a page break for each person receiving the report. With a single report that can be as large as 1000 pages we break the reports down and distribute them.

    In order to generate PDF files for email distribution, I have had to create 80 reports in MS Access and put an output filter in each so that a separate PDF file is created for each report for each person. (20 People X 4 Reports per Person = 80).

    If our reports change, I need to edit all 80 reports rather than changing four and executing a single report run.

    Is there a way to run a single MS Access report and create multiple Adobe PDF files?

    MS Access V 2000
    Adobe Pro V6

    Help.
    Chris_Lucchesi@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    I am looking for the same solution. I have a 1000 page access report (merge letters to clients). I want each client to receive their letter as an email attachment.

    How can I print the access report and save each page as a separate .pdf doent with the client ID as the file name ?

    Thanks !
    Bob_McBride@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Chris -

    When you refer to an output filter, is that in Access or Acrobat? I need the same answer as we have a multiple page Word doent that needs to be converted to .pdf but generate a separate .pdf doent for each page. I have heard this can be done in Acro Pro V6 but have not yet found how to do it or anyone that knows how.

    Hope we get an answer.
    sean_cotulla@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    My apporoach has a filter on the report which is defined in the Access database.
    Chris_Lucchesi@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Chris -

    I checked the forum page and no longer see your question posted. I may just not be seeing it, but was wondering if you ever got an answer.

    Thanks

    sean c
    sean_cotulla@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    No answer. It is a hot and cold project for me. I hope to begin revisiting it soon.
    Chris_Lucchesi@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Folks,

    Sounds like I need an identical solution. I have a MSoft Accss DB with 200+ products from our retail line doented. Whenever a sales person wants a sales sheet on a particular product I want them to be able to print the single sheet (or sheets) for the items they want without having to run the entire catalog.

    I do not, however, want them to be able to modify the doent so I would like the output to be a .pdf

    Is anyone aware of a way to do this? An add-in? A filter? VBScript?

    Please! Any help would be appreciated...I've been told my budget is ZERO! Thanks!
    Rodney_Ashton@adobeforums.com Guest