link so that I wouldn't need to change anything of the HTML. -- "Yes, I'm positive." "Are you sure?" "Help, somebody has stolen one of my electrons!" Two atoms are talking: [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Pedro [ip] => hexkid@hotpop.c [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> is there a macromedia dreamweaver equivilant for PHP - PHP Development

is there a macromedia dreamweaver equivilant for PHP - PHP Development

I am a begginer with not too much time on my hand. I do some html pages with Dreamweaver and with some minor Flash actionscript and I have a minor ability (with the help of lots of tutorials) to do some PHP. I love Dreamweaver MX since it realy simplifies the visual part of the process of making a page and also help with code typos since it generates alot of the basic code automatically (for example, I don't have to know how to write a relative link or an absolute link; Dreamweaver figures taht out for me. Another example, ...

  1. #1

    Default is there a macromedia dreamweaver equivilant for PHP

    I am a begginer with not too much time on my hand. I do some html
    pages with Dreamweaver and with some minor Flash actionscript and I
    have a minor ability (with the help of lots of tutorials) to do some
    PHP.

    I love Dreamweaver MX since it realy simplifies the visual part of the
    process of making a page and also help with code typos since it
    generates alot of the basic code automatically (for example, I don't
    have to know how to write a relative link or an absolute link;
    Dreamweaver figures taht out for me. Another example, I don't have to
    type a link at all, the interface helps me find the target and
    generates the link for me).

    When I try to build a page with PHP, I have a very hard time getting
    the visual part of the page correctly (and make many typo mistakes in
    the code. Also, since I am not (and don't have the time to be) an
    experienced or a pro, I have hard time remembering attributes in html
    and php (which usually, dreamweaver provides automatically).

    I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS SPECIFIC SUGGESTIONS OR KNOWS OF A
    PROGRAM SIMILAR TO DREAMWEAVER, BUT MADE FOR PHP RATHER THAN FOR
    HTML!!!!!!!

    One thing I tried to do to solve this problem was to create part of
    the page with dreamweaver and than cut and past the html code into the
    php page... this way I dont have to deal with issues such typing the
    links correctly, typing the color codes correctly, etc, etc...

    the problem is that the quatation marks are different for php and
    html. So I spend all of my time fixing quatation mark typos.
    davidshook Guest

  2. #2

    davidshook wrote:
    [...]
    >the problem is that the quatation marks are different for php and
    >html. So I spend all of my time fixing quatation mark typos.
    How are you inserting your HTML in the PHP files?

    Suppose you have
    <?php
    // ... line x
    // ... line y
    ?>

    and want to insert the HTML between line x and line y.

    I'd do like this:
    <?php
    // ... line x
    ?>
    <!-- inserted HTML here, outside the <?php ?> tags -->
    <!-- end inserted HTML -->
    <?php
    // ... line y
    ?>

    so that I wouldn't need to change anything of the HTML.

    --
    "Yes, I'm positive."
    "Are you sure?"
    "Help, somebody has stolen one of my electrons!"
    Two atoms are talking:
    Pedro Guest

  3. #3

    try

    [url]http://www.phpide.com/php_coder/home.htm[/url]

    you have to have php engine installed.. and you can work "side by side" with
    dreamweaver

    carramba

    ---

    Carramba Guest

  4. #4

    "davidshook" <itsmedavidhotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:c75cf80b.0309070900.5c30c707posting.google.c om...
    > I am a begginer with not too much time on my hand. I do some html
    > pages with Dreamweaver and with some minor Flash actionscript and I
    > have a minor ability (with the help of lots of tutorials) to do some
    > PHP.
    >
    > I love Dreamweaver MX since it realy simplifies the visual part of the
    > process of making a page and also help with code typos since it
    > generates alot of the basic code automatically (for example, I don't
    > have to know how to write a relative link or an absolute link;
    > Dreamweaver figures taht out for me. Another example, I don't have to
    > type a link at all, the interface helps me find the target and
    > generates the link for me).
    >
    > When I try to build a page with PHP, I have a very hard time getting
    > the visual part of the page correctly (and make many typo mistakes in
    > the code. Also, since I am not (and don't have the time to be) an
    > experienced or a pro, I have hard time remembering attributes in html
    > and php (which usually, dreamweaver provides automatically).
    >

    > I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS SPECIFIC SUGGESTIONS OR KNOWS OF A
    > PROGRAM SIMILAR TO DREAMWEAVER, BUT MADE FOR PHP RATHER THAN FOR
    > HTML!!!!!!!
    >

    > One thing I tried to do to solve this problem was to create part of
    > the page with dreamweaver and than cut and past the html code into the
    > php page... this way I dont have to deal with issues such typing the
    > links correctly, typing the color codes correctly, etc, etc...
    >
    > the problem is that the quatation marks are different for php and
    > html. So I spend all of my time fixing quatation mark typos.
    How long have you been using Dreamweaver? I think Dreamweaver MX is an
    excellent tool for PHP development - but if you have the money, then take a
    look at the Zend Studio (by the people who do the Zend Engine for PHP) at
    [url]http://www.zend.com[/url]

    I've been using Dreamweaver MX for about six months now and have no problems
    with it - Fair enough it doesn't have the PHP syntax but it does have Cold
    Fusion syntax (which carry some similarities with environment variables).

    Do you realise there is a "Code View" and "Design View" - The former shows
    you a page where you can insert your PHP code (inside tags) while the latter
    is the appearance of the page (as seen through static HTML).

    In my templates, I have the following at the very top
    <? include_once("$_SERVER[DOENT_ROOT]/../include/standard.fip");
    $parentScript=explode(".", "$_SERVER[PHP_SELF]");
    $parentScriptName=array_shift($parentScript);
    include("$INCLUDE$parentScriptName.php");
    ?>

    standard.php has a set of functions that I use in most of my scripts (things
    like cleansing form input and various debug functions that I can easily
    remove later).

    I write my PHP in to a file with the same name as my html file in a
    subfolder called "../include" All my functions are contained there... That
    way, my main html file designed by Dreamweaver just needs to call the
    function...

    For example, I have a file called "../include/countries.php" It has a list
    of countries and I use GeoIP to help me determine where a client PC is
    calling from (their country). In countries.php, there's a function called
    selectFunction(); which creates a select box of every country in the world,
    but automatically highlights the country found using GeoIP.

    When I design my HTML, all I need to do to display the select pulldown box
    is hardcode "selectFunction();"

    I think you just need to organise yourself better and if possible, have any
    changes to your workspace automatically ftp'd to your PHP/webserver when you
    save it on dreamweaver - that way you can test your results instantly.

    Randell D. Guest

  5. #5

    [email]itsmedavidhotmail.com[/email] (davidshook) wrote in message
    news:<c75cf80b.0309070900.5c30c707posting.google. com>...

    > I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS SPECIFIC SUGGESTIONS OR KNOWS OF A
    > PROGRAM SIMILAR TO DREAMWEAVER, BUT MADE FOR PHP RATHER THAN FOR
    > HTML!!!!!!!
    My personal favorite is still EditPlus:

    [url]http://www.editplus.com/[/url]

    But I am atypical in one major respect; I seem to make relatively
    small number of mistakes, so I don't really do much debugging, which
    EditPlus does not allow you to do.

    Here are some of the development environments you might find of
    interest:

    PHPEdit: [url]http://www.phpedit.com/[/url]
    Free. Windows only.

    ActiveState Komodo: [url]http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/[/url]
    $29.95 (Personal Edition); 21-day trial license available.
    Windows and Linux.

    Zend Studio: [url]http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-studio.php[/url]
    $195; free Personal Edition available (runs fully finctional
    for 21 days, then turns off advanced features).
    Windows, Linux, MacOS X.

    NuSphere PHPEd: [url]http://www.nusphere.com/products/[/url]
    $299; trial version available.
    Windows and Linux.