Professional Web Applications Themes

Is there a way to restat a movie in a Miaw - Macromedia Director Lingo

On 04 Sep 2003, "Stephen Whipp" <Stephen.Whippbtopenworld.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to reset the shockwave movie when the > user clicks on the stop button. on someEvent tell window "whatever" to go to frame 1 end -- Mark A. Boyd Keep-On-Learnin' :)...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Is there a way to restat a movie in a Miaw

    --
    Mark A. Boyd
    Keep-On-Learnin' :)

  2. #2

    In article <bj7la7$p4n$1forums.macromedia.com>, "Stephen Whipp"
    <Stephen.Whippbtopenworld.com> wrote:
    > I am developing a media player which can play any shockwave file/ flash file
    > and some others. I'd like to be able to reset the shockwave movie when the
    > user clicks on the stop button. Obviously I could program custom rests if I
    > was developing all the files, but the idea is that 3rd party dcrs may be run
    > as well. Is there a simple way, short of reloading the movie, that i can use
    > to force the movie to replay itself from the very beggining?

    I think doing a "go" to frame 1 is the easiest and will work most of the
    time, but it sort of depends on the way the original person wrote the
    movie you are playing. If they have initialization code in movie handlers
    like "on startMovie" or "on prepareMovie", probably others I can't think
    of, just rewinding to frame 1 won't execute them again and might cause
    malfunction in the second play. For instance if it's something that keeps
    score and the score vars are init'd in a startmovie handler.

    Gretchen Macdowall
    [url]http://www.updatestage.com/[/url]
    Gretchen Macdowall Guest

  3. #3

    Default Is there a way to restat a movie in a Miaw

    I am developing a media player which can play any shockwave file/ flash file
    and some others. I'd like to be able to reset the shockwave movie when the
    user clicks on the stop button. Obviously I could program custom rests if I
    was developing all the files, but the idea is that 3rd party dcrs may be run
    as well. Is there a simple way, short of reloading the movie, that i can use
    to force the movie to replay itself from the very beggining?

    thanks in advance
    --
    Stephen Whipp
    Eastmond Publishing Ltd. (UK)

    Stephen Whipp Guest

  4. #4

    On 05 Sep 2003, "Stephen Whipp" <Stephen.Whippbtopenworld.com> wrote:
    > I am worried about the startMovie and prepare movie handlers. Is there no
    > way to just tell the movie to actually start from frame 0 as it were? i
    Gretchen brought up some good points. If you're certain that all these
    movies have those handlers, just execute them.

    on someEvent
    tell window "whatever"
    prepareMovie
    startMovie
    go to 1
    end tell
    end

    Or have your 3rd party developers adhere to a standard that you require for
    this project. Or you could edit the .dir versions of those files and create
    an init handler that does it all for you.

    -- movie script in the MIAWs
    on init
    -- do all of your initializing routines here
    go to 1
    end

    -- script in your main stage movie
    on someEvent
    tell window "whatever"
    init
    end tell
    end

    --
    Mark A. Boyd
    Keep-On-Learnin' :)

  5. #5

    the problem is that the user should be able to download any file and have my
    resources manager play and hopefully control the file. I think I'm going to
    have to opt for the reload method, I'm not planning on supporting streaming
    anyway, so files should be downloaded before displaying.

    thanks to you all for your input :)

    Mark A. Boyd <mblistssanDotrr.com> wrote in message
    news:Xns93EE4F0F92959mblistssanDotrrcom65.57.83.2 09...
    > On 05 Sep 2003, "Stephen Whipp" <Stephen.Whippbtopenworld.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I am worried about the startMovie and prepare movie handlers. Is there
    no
    > > way to just tell the movie to actually start from frame 0 as it were? i
    >
    > Gretchen brought up some good points. If you're certain that all these
    > movies have those handlers, just execute them.
    >
    > on someEvent
    > tell window "whatever"
    > prepareMovie
    > startMovie
    > go to 1
    > end tell
    > end
    >
    > Or have your 3rd party developers adhere to a standard that you require
    for
    > this project. Or you could edit the .dir versions of those files and
    create
    > an init handler that does it all for you.
    >
    > -- movie script in the MIAWs
    > on init
    > -- do all of your initializing routines here
    > go to 1
    > end
    >
    > -- script in your main stage movie
    > on someEvent