Professional Web Applications Themes

is this working now - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Just testing. I wondered if there was a major failure, or something, as many old messages seem to be gone. I tried to post earlier but it never went through, so here goes nothin'....

  1. #1

    Default is this working now

    Just testing. I wondered if there was a major failure, or something, as
    many old messages seem to be gone. I tried to post earlier but it never
    went through, so here goes nothin'.

    Vicky Bilaniuk Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: is this working now

    Hi Vicky, I can't get this to work either on Netscape on my Mac, trying with IE now. Acting very slow and strange, must have something to do with the power outage? Sometimes the browser just stops or grinds to a halt,,,,
    I, too, can't see the messages that Grant posted that I wanted to go back and read. Others that I need to go back and read have gone into thin air.
    I am heartbroken, as I really rely on this forum, I was just pulling out of beginner status,,,,,,,
    I just wish they would go back to the way things were,,,, I am going to bed and when I wake up in the morning the forum will be back to normal,,,,,
    Jane
    Jane Douglass Guest

  3. #3

    "Forum Maintenance and Closure:
    The Adobe User to User Forums will be closed for scheduled database
    maintenance and upgrades from the evening of Friday, August 15, 2003
    until Monday morning, August 18. We are sorry for the inconvenience and
    look forward to seeing you again on Monday."

    Mac
    Mac McDougald Guest

  4. #4

    Mac McDougald wrote:
    > "Forum Maintenance and Closure:
    > The Adobe User to User Forums will be closed for scheduled database
    > maintenance and upgrades from the evening of Friday, August 15, 2003
    > until Monday morning, August 18. We are sorry for the inconvenience and
    > look forward to seeing you again on Monday."
    >
    > Mac
    I never saw that. Did they post it to the newsgroup?

    Vicky Bilaniuk Guest

  5. #5

    It is working a bit now, can get it going on Netscape, though it is so incredibly slow!
    It still freezes up and you can't read anything, and I constantly have to reload the page. I hope and pray that everything is OK on Monday, as I really
    don't think that I can get along without you guys.
    I am going to try the e-mail version, to see what it does, but I much prefer the forum.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  6. #6

    Jane,
    I noted that if you go to preferences, you can change the font size. I have not done so since the size is ok for me.
    Ken
    :smile:
    Kenneth Liffmann Guest

  8. #8

    Hi Ken, Its not the font, it is just that the page won't load in Netscape. I have to reload it constantly, so I just gave up and am using IE, which isn't my favourite browser. But its the only way I can view the forum. Actually, I did get it to work on Netscape, but it took about 10 minutes to load, and I am on cable.
    Sooooooo frustrating, as I need this forum!
    I also clicked on Grant's message that I needed to go back and read, and the whole thread just went 'poof' and it is gone.
    I just hope that Monday things will be back to normal.
    Jane
    Jane Douglass Guest

  9. #9

    No, was only a notice on the website version.

    Mac
    Mac McDougald Guest

  10. #10

    Mac McDougald wrote:
    > No, was only a notice on the website version.
    >
    > Mac
    Hmmm, well next time I hope they remember we newsgroup readers. :-)

    Vicky Bilaniuk Guest

  11. #11

    Jane, are you using Netscape 7.1? The web page loads slowly for me, but not as slowly as you're experiencing. On the other hand, someone in the forum suggested reading the forum as a newsgroup. I had never thought of that possibility. I'm using Netscape Mail and the server that comes with my isp. So the server is news.mi.comcast.giganews.com. and I am subscribed to adobe.photoshop.elements. Very fast! :-) I'll certainly use that until the web forum gets up to speed. Whatever server your isp uses for newsgroups probably has the forum.

    Eva
    Eva Deck Guest

  12. #12

    Hi Eva, I am using NS 4.5 and IE but it is all really slow and the pages wont even load unless I refresh all the time.
    I never have used a news server, so I will give it a try right now!
    Thanks, Jane
    Jane Douglass Guest