Professional Web Applications Themes

Is ur flash player not working? - Macromedia Flash Player

I've uninstalled and installed flash sooooo many times,,only to have it quit working,,,and out of sure coincidence,,,figured out it was my regestry cleaner removing a vital regestry value,,don't know which one ,,ccleaner is ok,,it was regscrupxp that did it,,, If anyone knows whic regestry entry this is,i would appreciate it so i can omit it from the scan Peace always ,Mike...

  1. #1

    Default Is ur flash player not working?

    I've uninstalled and installed flash sooooo many times,,only to have it quit
    working,,,and out of sure coincidence,,,figured out it was my regestry cleaner
    removing a vital regestry value,,don't know which one ,,ccleaner is ok,,it was
    regscrupxp that did it,,,
    If anyone knows whic regestry entry this is,i would appreciate it so i can
    omit it from the scan
    Peace always ,Mike

    miker6565 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Is ur flash player not working?

    miker6565 whatever registry entry is that, reinstalling flash should recreate
    all the registry entries. I suggest you try to reinstall in "secure mode" or by
    creating another account with administrative privileges and reinstalling from
    that account.

    SDark Guest

  3. #3

    It works as far as uninstalling, using adobes uninstall ,and it installs and
    works fine,,untill i run regscrubxp then i have to do it all over again,,,i
    don't know which regestry entry it's deleting that's causing the problem

    miker6565 Guest

  4. #4

    Do the following:
    1-Uninstall the flash player
    2-Enter regedit and export the whole registry. Check the regedit option on how
    to do this.(after uninstall)
    3-Fresh install the flash player
    4-Use regedit to export the registry again.(after install)
    5-Use regscrubxp to clean the registry
    6-Use regedit one last time to export again.(after install)

    Now with all the three exports use some software that compares them and see
    what is missing (You can use Examdiff to compare the files, google for
    examdiff). You can try to add or remove entries from the registry and check if
    something changes and if flash player is working again.

    Hope you can solve your problem with this. After detecting the problem I
    suggest you report it to the makers of regscrubxp so that they can include it
    as default (no delete) on their software.

    Cheers

    SDark Guest

  5. #5

    Quoting mmaclellan on another post on this forum:

    [Q]If the above does not work, please ensure that you are running the
    installation as admin or as user with full permissions. If you are
    running on a restricted
    account, you may need to edit your system registry and allow certain
    entries to make Flash player work.
    http://]http://www.adobe.com/go/19148<h

    This might be related to your problem.

    SDark Guest