Professional Web Applications Themes

isync - T68i mobile phone bluetooth - ical failure - Mac Applications & Software

G3 Powerbook Pismo, running os10.2.6 , bluetooth 1.2.1 , isync 1.1 with isync remover used to get rid of beta version files. I'm having trouble with syncing my laptop to my SonyEricsson T68i mobile phone. Generally, it syncs the phonebook reasonably well, but absolutely always fails/crashes or 'corrupts internal database' when trying to sync my calendars from ical. Often it fails while 'getting all calendars', with no explanation as to why left in the log file. Otherwise, it'll do something along the lines of the example i've copied at the bottom of this post. I've deleted and reloaded all the ...

  1. #1

    Default isync - T68i mobile phone bluetooth - ical failure

    G3 Powerbook Pismo, running os10.2.6 , bluetooth 1.2.1 , isync 1.1 with
    isync remover used to get rid of beta version files.

    I'm having trouble with syncing my laptop to my SonyEricsson T68i mobile
    phone.

    Generally, it syncs the phonebook reasonably well, but absolutely always
    fails/crashes or 'corrupts internal database' when trying to sync my
    calendars from ical.

    Often it fails while 'getting all calendars', with no explanation as to why
    left in the log file. Otherwise, it'll do something along the lines of the
    example i've copied at the bottom of this post.

    I've deleted and reloaded all the software, wiped my phone and started over,
    but always with the same results: failure to copy the calendars across. The
    guy in my local apple shop said the is no explanation; his just worked fine
    first time. SonyEricsson have no clue, and my phone network, Orange, say
    that they don't support macs.

    Anyone got any ideas? I've not found anyone with the same problem.

    Thanks

    Nick
    UK
    [email]njp34cam.ac.uk[/email]

    14:34:22 Completed synchronizing contacts

    14:34:31 Synchronizing calendars and To Do items

    14:34:32 Getting all calendars and To Do items from Backup
    Conduit

    14:34:32 Getting all calendars and To Do items from MicroPrince

    14:34:32 Getting all calendars and To Do items from iCal

    14:34:33 Error iSync's internal database has become corrupted. It is
    impossible to continue syncing. The database has been reset, but you
    must now re-synchronize all of your devices. Please try syncing again.

    14:34:33 Error Assertion Failed!

    14:34:33 Error Expression: IsValid()

    14:34:33 Error File: Source/f1store/f1store.cpp

    14:34:33 Error Line: 1568

    14:34:33 Error Assertion failure: File Source/f1store/f1store.cpp,
    Line 1568: IsValid()

    14:34:33 Filtering calendars and To Do items on MicroPrince

    14:34:35 Completed synchronizing calendars and To Do items

    14:34:37 Synchronization complete

    --
    ---
    Nick Prince

    Nick Prince Guest

  3. #3

    In article <bfh5d4$dkl$2pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>,
    Nick Prince <njp34cam.ac.uk> wrote:
    >G3 Powerbook Pismo, running os10.2.6 , bluetooth 1.2.1 , isync 1.1 with
    >isync remover used to get rid of beta version files.
    >
    >I'm having trouble with syncing my laptop to my SonyEricsson T68i mobile
    >phone.
    >
    >Generally, it syncs the phonebook reasonably well, but absolutely always
    >fails/crashes or 'corrupts internal database' when trying to sync my
    >calendars from ical.
    >
    >Often it fails while 'getting all calendars', with no explanation as to why
    >left in the log file. Otherwise, it'll do something along the lines of the
    >example i've copied at the bottom of this post.
    >
    >I've deleted and reloaded all the software, wiped my phone and started over,
    >but always with the same results: failure to copy the calendars across. The
    >guy in my local apple shop said the is no explanation; his just worked fine
    >first time. SonyEricsson have no clue, and my phone network, Orange, say
    >that they don't support macs.
    Ah, but you haven't deleted the iSync internal database. I had to do
    this once, when my Mac got very confused (in this case syncing my T68i,
    my Mac and my Palm device)

    I found full instructions for complete removal of all of iSync's state
    information on Apple's web site. Typically I can't find it now, but I
    think the important files that contain this information are in:

    /Library/Application Support/SyncService

    Note that this will probably cause you to lose all your information - I
    strongly suggest you dump all your address book cards and iCal calendars
    to flat files before you mess with this...

    Tim

    Tim Cutts Guest

  4. #4

    > I found full instructions for complete removal of all of iSync's state
    > information on Apple's web site. Typically I can't find it now, but I
    > think the important files that contain this information are in:
    >
    > /Library/Application Support/SyncService

    did this (deleted that folder), and reset the phone again, but still I have
    exactly the same result.

    Any more ideas?

    thanks

    Nick