Professional Web Applications Themes

iTune Playlist help - Mac Applications & Software

I have a small inquiry about iTunes. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but would appreciate any help. I am running iTunes 4 (OS X 10.2) I created a playlist with about fifty songs. How do I play the songs in the playlist? I press the play button but nothing happens. I can only get it to play if I click and place a checkmark next to each song, then press play. I rather not have to click all fifty songs for it to play. I thought that by creating a playlist that it would play ...

  1. #1

    Default iTune Playlist help

    I have a small inquiry about iTunes. I am not sure if I am doing
    something wrong, but would appreciate any help.

    I am running iTunes 4 (OS X 10.2)
    I created a playlist with about fifty songs. How do I play the songs
    in the playlist? I press the play button but nothing happens. I can
    only get it to play if I click and place a checkmark next to each
    song, then press play. I rather not have to click all fifty songs for
    it to play. I thought that by creating a playlist that it would play
    the songs automatically, instead of having to select each song to
    play. Is there a way to select all the songs to be played? I tried
    Edit/Select All and it will highlight all the songs in the playlist,
    but if I hit the play button it will not play the songs. I do not have
    shuffle on because I want it to play in order listed. If I highlight a
    song (but not checkmark it) it will play the song but will not proceed
    to the next song. On my iPod, I can select the list and select the
    first songs and it will then play the songs in the playlist. Can
    iTunes do that same?

    Am I attempting something that cannot be done? Maybe I need an iTunes
    for Dummies book?
    Flop Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: iTune Playlist help

    In article <98dac131.0307151427.7cde43adposting.google.com >,
    [email]markturner166hotmail.com[/email] (Flop) wrote:

    :> I have a small inquiry about iTunes. I am not sure if I am doing
    :> something wrong, but would appreciate any help.
    :>
[...]

    Well, it seems clear that you clicked those checks to turn them *off* in
    the first place, so you'll just have to click to turn them back on. If
    they're not checked, they don't play.

    The idea of a playlist isn't to make songs that you've marked unplayable
    (by checking that box) play. It's to group songs together by some
    criteria of your choosing and perhaps burn a CD from that list.

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama