Professional Web Applications Themes

iTunes hangs itself all the time. Is there a solution except OSX? - Mac Applications & Software

Hi, itunes hangs itself for a few seconds, and not only the app but my whole system, except the mouse. After a few seconds everything is back to normal. i have this problem every 2 minutes or so and even more often if i edit mp3 tags, or only modify something in a playlist, zapp manually, etc I tried to reinstall itunes, rebuild a new playlist but it didn't help. I use itunes 2.0.4 on a firewire ibook under OS9.2.2 Someone kindly recommanded to run iTunes 4.0, which required OS X, but for some reasons I don´t want to go ...

  1. #1

    Default iTunes hangs itself all the time. Is there a solution except OSX?

    Hi,
    itunes hangs itself for a few seconds, and not only the app but my
    whole system, except the mouse. After a few seconds everything is back
    to normal.
    i have this problem every 2 minutes or so and even more often if i
    edit mp3
    tags, or only modify something in a playlist, zapp manually, etc
    I tried to reinstall itunes, rebuild a new playlist but it didn't
    help.

    I use itunes 2.0.4 on a firewire ibook under OS9.2.2
    Someone kindly recommanded to run iTunes 4.0, which required OS X, but
    for some reasons I don´t want to go for OSX yet.
    What can i do?
    Thanx for your help!

    Stéphane
    stef Guest

  2. #2

    In article <google.com>,
    fr (stef) wrote:

    Are you entirely sure it's iTunes that's locking up. While I use OS X
    exclusively on my iBook, my desktop machine is almost always in 9.2.2. I
    use iTunes on a near-daily basis, often for hours at a time. I've not
    seen this pausing you describe.

    This question feels familiar. Did you post it or something substantially
    similar a few months ago? Ah. A few weeks ago. Felt like longer for some
    reason.

    Gregory Guest

  3. #3

    Gregory Weston <com> wrote in message news:<attbi.com>...

    > Are you entirely sure it's iTunes that's locking up. While I use OS X
    > exclusively on my iBook, my desktop machine is almost always in 9.2.2. I
    > use iTunes on a near-daily basis, often for hours at a time. I've not
    > seen this pausing you describe.
    >
    > This question feels familiar. Did you post it or something substantially
    > similar a few months ago? Ah. A few weeks ago. Felt like longer for some
    > reason.
    >
    > G[/ref]

    Thanks Gregory,
    well yes I did post something a few weeks ago, but I didn't got any
    good tip, except to use iTunes on OSX. Yes I'm sure that this is
    caused by iTunes because it never happens when iTunes is not running.
    stef Guest

  4. #4

    In article <google.com>,
    fr (stef) wrote:

    How much RAM do you have available, and how much memory is allocated to
    iTunes via "Get Info" ? More is always better.
    --
    chuck reti
    detroit mi usa

  5. #5

    > How much RAM do you have available, and how much memory is allocated to
    > iTunes via "Get Info" ? More is always better.[/ref]

    I have 256Mb Ram available, I usually use iTunes alone with no other
    programs running. Virtual memory is not activated since it's not
    possible using music programs.I tried to put up the allocated memory
    to iTunes but it didn´t help. This is strange. I seem to be the only
    one having this pbeme. Every other pgms like Logic, Peak, Photoshop...
    works fine...

    Thank you again.
    stef Guest

  6. #6

    In article <google.com>,
    fr (stef) wrote:

    As was originally answered to your question:
    - the problem is the number of files in your library and how this very
    old version of iTunes writes out changes to it.

    Either reduce the number of items in your library, or move to OS X and a
    more recent version of iTunes. There are basically no other "fixes" to
    this problem.
    Tom Guest