Professional Web Applications Themes

iTunes problems. Anyone else had this problem? - Mac Applications & Software

This may be a problem associated with the recent 10.2.8 Mac OS X upgrade (I recently did the upgrade). Here are the problems: 1) I purchased an album from ITMS. I have played the music once or twice. Now, it's no longer in my iTunes directories, no indication of the data anywhere on my machine, no indication of its presence in the iTunes library. (Can I request another copy of the album from Apple?) 2) I recently uploaded a bunch of music onto iTunes (from CDs). They're not showing up on iTunes, although their presence is seen in the iTunes ...

  1. #1

    Default iTunes problems. Anyone else had this problem?

    This may be a problem associated with the recent 10.2.8 Mac OS X
    upgrade (I recently did the upgrade).

    Here are the problems:

    1) I purchased an album from ITMS. I have played the music once or
    twice. Now, it's no longer in my iTunes directories, no indication of
    the data anywhere on my machine, no indication of its presence in the
    iTunes library. (Can I request another copy of the album from Apple?)

    2) I recently uploaded a bunch of music onto iTunes (from CDs).
    They're not showing up on iTunes, although their presence is seen in
    the iTunes directory. However, some tracks might be missing. I
    created a number of playlists holding various operas and other music
    pieces. They're gone. How do I recover the playlists? The contents
    of the playlists (e.g., the operas) are still in the iTunes directory,
    but are not seen in the Library.

    The missing tracks are recent additions to iTunes, but certainly
    before I made the 10.2.8 upgrade.

    Even if I accidentally deleted a playlist (which I haven't), the
    actual tracks should still be in the Library, but they're not. But
    the actual mp3s are still in the proper subdirectories of the iTunes
    directoy.

    It appears I can recover the tracks by double-clicking them from the
    iTunes directory (and then they show up in the Library), but it's not
    clear what's there and what's not.

    More worrisome is the missing purchased music from ITMS. It's not
    located anywhere I can think of. I did a "find . -type f -name
    "Vivaldi" -print at the top of my home directory and nada.

    Any suggestions? Any related problems by others?
    Eric Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: iTunes problems. Anyone else had this problem?

    In article <google.com>,
    xohost.com (Eric Dew) wrote:

    I don't think this problem can be attributed to the upgrade.

    This sounds like a problem with the disk directory. I would recommend
    running DiskWarrior before trying anything else.

    --
    Tom Stiller

    PGP fingerprint = 5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3
    7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF
    Tom Guest

  3. #3

    1st: quit iTunes
    2nd: deleted ALL the prefences files for iTunes:
    com.apple.iTunes.eq.plist (itunes EQ prefs)
    com.apple.iTunes.plist (General iTunes Prefs)
    iTunes Music Library.xml (this is the Playlist Database)
    iTunes 4 Music Library (this is just a Database reference)
    3rd: Logout
    4th: Login
    5th: Start iTunes
    6th: Rebulid the Library Databse by draging the music folder on to the
    iTunes Window.(This step assumes that all you MP3s are in the default
    location)
    7th: Test the previously "missing" music
    8th: Smile

    Later,
    Silas

    In article <google.com>,
    xohost.com (Eric Dew) wrote:

    --
    The difference between OSX and XP is like night and day.
    You can use OSX all day without any problems,