Professional Web Applications Themes

[iTunes] Where are the CDDB data stored? - Mac Networking

As I had to reinstall OS X.2 completely (damn 2.8!) when I insert a Cd in iTunes now the CDDB data aren't appearing anymore. As I still have all the files of my previous installation (txs to the Previous System install), I might recover that file and substitute it with the actual one. Can anyone tell me where such file could be? txs a lot....

  1. #1

    Default [iTunes] Where are the CDDB data stored?

    As I had to reinstall OS X.2 completely (damn 2.8!) when I insert a Cd in
    iTunes now the CDDB data aren't appearing anymore.

    As I still have all the files of my previous installation (txs to the Previous
    System install), I might recover that file and substitute it with the actual
    one.

    Can anyone tell me where such file could be?

    txs a lot.
    MatFox Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: [iTunes] Where are the CDDB data stored?

    I may ahve misssed the point but why dont yu select the unnamed tracks
    and from advanced in the menu bar go and get the names again from CDDB
    when connected.

    Graley

    In article <1g2kqep.1b4w3fqbhdfggN%matteoXYZ1963jumpy.it>,
    [email]matteoXYZ1963jumpy.it[/email] (MatFox) wrote:
    > As I had to reinstall OS X.2 completely (damn 2.8!) when I insert a Cd in
    > iTunes now the CDDB data aren't appearing anymore.
    >
    > As I still have all the files of my previous installation (txs to the Previous
    > System install), I might recover that file and substitute it with the actual
    > one.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where such file could be?
    >
    > txs a lot.
    Graley Guest

  3. #3

    In <1g2kqep.1b4w3fqbhdfggN%matteoXYZ1963jumpy.it> MatFox wrote:
    > As I had to reinstall OS X.2 completely (damn 2.8!) when I insert a Cd
    > in iTunes now the CDDB data aren't appearing anymore.
    >
    > As I still have all the files of my previous installation (txs to the
    > Previous System install), I might recover that file and substitute it
    > with the actual one.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where such file could be?
    >
    > txs a lot.

    I thought the CDDB data wasn't stored on the computer. When you insert a
    cd and have the CDDB enabled, it goes and gets the names/data.

    Only when you import into your library does it all get saved but saved
    to the individual files.

    --
    Ms. Duh

    iChat: onlyduh
    UT Killin' Name: Only Zuul

    THE RANT - [url]http://www.duhspot.net/rant.html[/url]
    _________________________________
    Those who live by the sword get
    shot by those who don't...
    Ms. Duh Guest

  4. #4

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.mac.comm.]
    On 2003-10-10, Ms Duh <meduhspot.net> wrote:
    > In <1g2kqep.1b4w3fqbhdfggN%matteoXYZ1963jumpy.it> MatFox wrote:
    > I thought the CDDB data wasn't stored on the computer.
    iTunes keeps a local cache. This is used not only for data from the
    cddb server but also for entries made locally.

    > When you insert a
    > cd and have the CDDB enabled, it goes and gets the names/data.
    Only if an entry can't be found in the cache.

    Hugh Wolf Guest

  5. #5

    Graley <OMIT.highriseozemail.com.au> wrote:
    > I may ahve misssed the point but why dont yu select the unnamed tracks
    > and from advanced in the menu bar go and get the names again from CDDB
    > when connected.
    Because lots of CD don't exist on CDDB, and I had inserted all the data
    manually.
    But anyway on uk.comp.sys.mac I have had my answer!
    MatFox Guest

  6. #6

    Dave Allen <twodorian> wrote:
    > User > Library > Preferences > CD Info.cidb
    Perfect, txs!
    MatFox Guest

  7. #7

    > Because lots of CD don't exist on CDDB, and I had inserted all the data
    > manually.
    > But anyway on uk.comp.sys.mac I have had my answer!
    Can you share it with us?

    --
    Rocky Road - in Oz
    RockyRoad Guest

  8. #8

    So where is the local cache located?

    Allan

    Hugh Wolf wrote:
    > ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.mac.comm.]
    > On 2003-10-10, Ms Duh <meduhspot.net> wrote:
    > > In <1g2kqep.1b4w3fqbhdfggN%matteoXYZ1963jumpy.it> MatFox wrote:
    > > I thought the CDDB data wasn't stored on the computer.
    >
    > iTunes keeps a local cache. This is used not only for data from the
    > cddb server but also for entries made locally.
    >
    > > When you insert a
    > > cd and have the CDDB enabled, it goes and gets the names/data.
    >
    > Only if an entry can't be found in the cache.
    Allan Kaplan Guest

  9. #9

  10. #10

    RockyRoad <Rockyroadinvalid.com.invalid> wrote:

    > Can you share it with us?
    Sure! Here U Go:
    > ~/library/preferences/CD Info.cidb
    > Find that in your previous home folder and shift it over.
    MatFox Guest

  11. #11

  12. #12

    In article <1g2mmc5.2shwbk186pgqoN%matteoXYZ1963jumpy.it>,

    }
    }> So where is the local cache located?
    }
    }~/library/preferences/CD Info.cidb
    }

    New question: would it accompish anything to copy that over to the
    main library? Seems like a waste for the computer to have to go
    and get that information all over again because someone _else_
    has logged in today.

    --
    | /\_/\ | The Genome Diversification Project
    |_( ^.^ )_| Because one sentient species on the planet
    | >`-'< | is simply too boring for words.
    +-Pounce!-+------Remove obvious spamtrap to email------
    Revanant Morituri Guest

  13. #13

    Revanant Morituri <revanantobvious.adelphia.net> wrote:

    > New question: would it accompish anything to copy that over to the
    > main library? Seems like a waste for the computer to have to go
    > and get that information all over again because someone _else_
    > has logged in today.
    Sorry, no idea....
    MatFox Guest

  14. #14

    In article <1g2mm9y.1h8rj1c152v8p0N%it>,
    it (MatFox) wrote:

    > Sure! Here U Go:

    > [/ref]

    Thanks.

    --
    Rocky Road - in Oz
    RockyRoad Guest

  15. #15

    In <1g2m9w1.3jgck1pqubgsN%it> on 10 Oct 2003 06:12
    AM about Re: [iTunes] Where are the CDDB data stored?, MatFox wrote:

    > Because lots of CD don't exist on CDDB, and I had inserted all the
    > data manually. But anyway on uk.comp.sys.mac I have had my answer![/ref]

    Why not submit the info to CDDB, then you and others can access it when
    needed.

    Chris H.

    --

    Profanity is the first resort of the inarticulate .
    Chris Guest