Professional Web Applications Themes

iTunes won't burn CD - Mac Applications & Software

In article <sunclad-B203EE.20043925062003news.chatlink.com>, "D. Kirkpatrick" <suncladsunclad.com> wrote: > System profiler says that I have a Sony CRX1611 which the previous > owner installed. It plays CDs and reads data CD's quite fine. System > Profiler says that Apple CD burning is supported. > > When I fire up iTunes, latest free version downloaded from Apple, it > sayd there is no burner found or no software found. I've only run into this problem on Mac OS X, but iTunes appears to support a smaller number of CD-R/RW drives than the Finder does. I have the same problem with my 300 ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: iTunes won't burn CD

    In article <sunclad-B203EE.20043925062003news.chatlink.com>,
    "D. Kirkpatrick" <suncladsunclad.com> wrote:
    > System profiler says that I have a Sony CRX1611 which the previous
    > owner installed. It plays CDs and reads data CD's quite fine. System
    > Profiler says that Apple CD burning is supported.
    >
    > When I fire up iTunes, latest free version downloaded from Apple, it
    > sayd there is no burner found or no software found.
    I've only run into this problem on Mac OS X, but iTunes appears to
    support a smaller number of CD-R/RW drives than the Finder does. I have
    the same problem with my 300 MHz Beige G3 and a Matsua (I think)
    SCSI CD-R drive. (The OS also seems to require that the CD-R drive be
    turned on when the system boots, so I almost never use it under OS X
    anyway.)

    That said, I vaguely recall seeing hacks to let iTunes use a wider
    variety of drives. You might try a google search on "iTunes unsupported
    CD-RW drives" and see what shows up.

    Jerry

    --
    It Isn't Murder If They're Yankees
    [url]http://www.ItIsntMurder.com/[/url]

  2. #2

  3. #3

    In article <sunclad-B203EE.20043925062003news.chatlink.com>, "D.
    Kirkpatrick" <suncladsunclad.com> wrote:
    > When I fire up iTunes, latest free version downloaded from Apple, it
    > sayd there is no burner found or no software found.
    >
    > The copy of OS 9.2.1 I have installed is pretty much a full boat.

    The problem could also be Toast, if you have that installed. For some
    strange reason, once Toast is installed, iTunes will no longer burn CDs.
    This is not necesarily a problem, as Toast can burn audio CDs as well, but
    converting everything to a Toast-readable format before burning is
    bersome and takes a bit of time, especially if a lot of short audio
    tracks are involved.

    =====================================
    Wolf Feather
    [email]FEATHER7IX.NETCOM.COM[/email]
    =====================================
    What isn't remembered never happened
    - _Serial Experiments Lain_
    =====================================
    Wolf Feather Guest

  4. #4

  5. #5

    In article <FEATHER7-ya023480002506032032490001NNTP.IX.NETCOM.COM>,
    [email]FEATHER7IX.NETCOM.COM[/email] (Wolf Feather) wrote:
    > The problem could also be Toast, if you have that installed. For some
    > strange reason, once Toast is installed, iTunes will no longer burn CDs.
    > This is not necesarily a problem, as Toast can burn audio CDs as well, but
    > converting everything to a Toast-readable format before burning is
    > bersome and takes a bit of time, especially if a lot of short audio
    > tracks are involved.
    ---

    No Toast, but I did have a copy of B's Recorder installed.

    Per the iTunes help section I removed any/all extensions from that
    program and placed them in a non-mounting storage folder - essentially
    the same as turning them off in Ext Manager. I pretty much removed
    anything that was associated with CD Authoring that was NOT associated
    with the OS or iTunes iteslf.

    DMK
    D. Kirkpatrick Guest

  6. #6

    In article <FEATHER7-ya023480002506032032490001NNTP.IX.NETCOM.COM>,
    [email]FEATHER7IX.NETCOM.COM[/email] (Wolf Feather) wrote:
    > The problem could also be Toast, if you have that installed. For some
    > strange reason, once Toast is installed, iTunes will no longer burn CDs.
    > This is not necesarily a problem, as Toast can burn audio CDs as well, but
    > converting everything to a Toast-readable format before burning is
    > bersome and takes a bit of time, especially if a lot of short audio
    > tracks are involved.
    ---

  7. #7

    In article
    <sg_defeRMEOVEnder_1-D65224.15084126062003news.iprimus.com.au>,
    Mr Dewsons <sg_defeRMEOVEnder_1hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Boo hoo hoo! That's the way I always have to do it, as I'm using an old
    > system w/ old version of Toast.
    >
    > Besides, I'd always convert to AIFF beforehand - that way I can chop
    > long bits of silence out of files, amplify quiet ones and deamplify loud
    > ones, etc.
    ---

    But would conversion to AIFF resolve the problem as portrayed in the
    opening thread?

    DMK
    D. Kirkpatrick Guest

  8. #8

    In article
    <sg_defeRMEOVEnder_1-D65224.15084126062003news.iprimus.com.au>,
    Mr Dewsons <sg_defeRMEOVEnder_1hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Boo hoo hoo! That's the way I always have to do it, as I'm using an old
    > system w/ old version of Toast.
    >
    > Besides, I'd always convert to AIFF beforehand - that way I can chop
    > long bits of silence out of files, amplify quiet ones and deamplify loud
    > ones, etc.
    ---