Professional Web Applications Themes

Joke sort of - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I suspect Mac users will not see the humour in this but it is my favorite Mac ad to date. Now if I find an equally funny PC one I will post it for balance. [url]http://www.holmcomputing.com/mac.html[/url] G....

  1. #1

    Default Joke sort of

    I suspect Mac users will not see the humour in this but it is my favorite
    Mac ad to date. Now if I find an equally funny PC one I will post it for
    balance.

    [url]http://www.holmcomputing.com/mac.html[/url]

    G.

    Grant Dixon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Joke sort of

    Grant,

    Luckily for me, I have a dial-up and at 2 MB I won't wait....

    You picking on us Mac users...huh? ;-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  3. #3

    Grant... that's f....g funny! But... I STILL WANT A MAC ! :)

    Working at tech support, I could go on for days (I do mean DAYS) speaking
    against Windows, all flavors, from 3.1 to XP... :) But, to sumarize it all,
    this goes a long way : You click on Start to turn off the machine.. ;)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  4. #4

    Ray

    Of course you click on start to turn of the machine how else would you start
    to turn off a computer?

    g.

    Grant Dixon Guest

  5. #5

    Barb

    As well as the Challenge I have a regular joke of the day that I mail out to
    a group of regulars and believe me over the 20 years it has been running the
    PC has not faired all that well.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  6. #6

    Grant,

    I was kidding...picking on these machines is half the fun of running them!

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  7. #7

    Absolutely, Barb! 8^)
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  9. #9

    Barb

    The whole joke was done on a Mac so not sure where the blame for the picture
    quality should rest.

    G.

    Grant Dixon Guest

  10. #10

    Well.. beginning to turn off the PC is really what's happening from time to
    time with mine. It will start, but will never complete the task. And, of
    course, if you kindly press on the reset button, be warned that the next
    reboot will either be completed in 200 years from now thanks to the
    scandisk, or that within the next few days, you might find that you lost a
    few files on PC. And you just don't decide what option you want... :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  11. #11

    Besides, Grant--there wasn't stupid banjo-like music like there is a real mac ad and the camera angle didn't jump around senselessly, either.

    We may love our macs, but you'll never catch anyone defending Apple's advertising. The kindest thing I ever heard about those commercials was, "Well, at least after watching one of them, you don't say 'Whaaa?' the way you do after every other mac commercial ever made." <g>
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  12. #12

    I start picking on it and it starts double posting...oops!!

    Sure beats the Kernel Panic I had the other day...the computer decided to display its guts on the screen while editing. Had to hit the 'start' button to turn it off ! ;-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  13. #13

    not sure where the blame for the picture quality should rest.

    On either platform it's usually PEBKAC, after all.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  14. #14

    Barb, what caused the panic? Was it your Wacom?
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  15. #15

    Barbara, I have no clue. I was probably clicking too fast, as I often do and it decided that's IT! Maybe it's starting to revolt over all the images I've stuffed into iPhoto...still haven't unloaded it. Wonder if there is a full capacity in that app...I'm testing it for sure!

    If I trash large quantities of files do I need to defrag? I don't own a defrag program yet, but think I should get one really soon. Do you know if Drive 10 is the best one to use? I'm dreading doing that...especially after hearing about Grant's recent happening.

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  16. #16

    Well, it's a bit different with a mac and a pc. Plus Optimizer is the favored defrag utility of the people I know, but it's not available right now (well, it is available but not worth buying since it runs from 9). It was part of Disk Warrior until the X version came out.

    But Kernel Panics are almost always hardware related in X now, so I sort of doubt that there's anything in your disk capacity that's causing it. Have you gotten any usb hubs or scanners or pwered speakers or anything like that recently?

    How full is your hard disk?

    EDIT You aren't messing around with tail or BatchMod or suchlike stuff, are you?
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  17. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  18. #18

    Barb

    I am not a big fan of Windows it is just an operating system with some
    virtues and vices. While I have found that XP is extremely good when it
    goes bad it is horrid. I was and still am a huge fan of Windows NT 4.0 SP
    3. I have had it running non stop on one computer for about 4 years only
    going down with power outages (about once or twice a year). I did have to
    move up because it didn't support USB and if it did I would still use it
    today. NT equals stability in my books.

    g.

    Grant Dixon Guest

  19. #19

    Hi, Grant. I let it download in the background and finally watched the whole thing. I have to say it was pretty funny, although not nearly as inane as the real commercials are. ;-)
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  20. #20

    Barbara, I haven't added anything new. I do swap out the scanner and the camera, so I can use the same USB port. Need about 3 extra USB's...never enough. Maybe that caused it. That's the one time you need a screenshot and you can't take one. Didn't feel like writing all of that down. Tried to take a pic with my digicam to doent it in case it had to visit Apple...but couldn't capture the entire screen clearly. It hasn't happened since, so it's not a big deal, but it can and does make you panic.

    The hard disk has about 19 GB left...never thought it would disappear that fast!

    Haven't heard of tail or BatchMod...sounds like something to avoid.

    Is Plus Optimizer going to be released for X any time soon?

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast