Professional Web Applications Themes

JRun Updater 6 & CFLocation - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

We have just applied JRun 4 updater 6 to an MX 6.1 Enterprise server. We have 2 instances set up in a cluster serving 1 site in IIS6. We have made use of cflocation in the site to redirect users to a new page. After applying Updater 6, this redirect now fails - however apparently only on Internet Explorer. Firefox appears to still handle this ok. Has anyone else come across this, or have a fix? Thanks, M...

  1. #1

    Default JRun Updater 6 & CFLocation

    We have just applied JRun 4 updater 6 to an MX 6.1 Enterprise server. We have 2
    instances set up in a cluster serving 1 site in IIS6.

    We have made use of cflocation in the site to redirect users to a new page.
    After applying Updater 6, this redirect now fails - however apparently only on
    Internet Explorer. Firefox appears to still handle this ok.

    Has anyone else come across this, or have a fix?

    Thanks,

    MacroLin Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: JRun Updater 6 & CFLocation

    can you post some code?

    jorgepino Guest

  3. #3

    Hi!

    We've just played a little with it a little more and noticed that it only
    happens when the URL has a variable in it. The following presents the user a
    blank page. Hitting refresh loads it fine.

    <cfsilent>
    <cfparam name="attributes.sap_realestateagent_cit_id"
    default="/for_property_buyers/agent/90007.cfm">
    </cfsilent>
    <cflocation url="#attributes.sap_realestateagent_cit_id#" addtoken="no">

    Using just <cflocation url="/file.cfm" addtoken="no"> works ok.

    MacroLin Guest

  4. #4

    Hi... We are having a similar issue. Were you ever able to resolve this one? If so, what is the fix?

    Thanks...
    Jose Guest

  5. #5

    No, we're still stuck on it. What are the differences between our problem and yours?
    MacroLin Guest

  6. #6

    I think the difference is that we see it intermittently with all types of
    cflocations. We have tested with and without URL parameters as well as
    cflocations with form submissions and URL redirects. In all cases it failed
    periodically.

    Jose Guest

  7. #7

    Just a follow up post - I've deployed the application on an MX7 cluster on the same JRun installation and it's giving the same results.
    MacroLin Guest

  8. #8

    We have rolled back to 5 for now and plan to load it on another test machine. Will keep you posted.
    Jose Guest

  9. #9

    How do you roll back an update? Is it just a matter of stopping all Jrun services and copying the files in the updater6-backup folder back to their original locations?
    MacroLin Guest

  10. #10

    Each time you run an update it creates a backup folder underneath the Jrun section. You will need to stop the services remove the new files and replace them w/the files in the backup folder.
    Jose Guest

  11. #11

    I am also experiencing the same problem. I have a few CF MX
    applications that use authentication. Several end users receive a
    blank page upon logging in and are forced to refresh the page before
    actually logging into the site. Insofar this has only been an issue
    with Microsoft Internet Explorer. No known problems have been reported
    with Mozilla Firefox. This occured immediately after the JRun 4
    Updater 6 installation. On my production servers, I rolled back the
    installation to JRun 4 Updater 5 and everything has been working fine.
    I also have another post on the Macromedia site located at
    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=143&threadid=1052452&enterth read=y
    I am still trying to troubleshoot this on our development servers. I
    will post if I get any new information and please do likewise.

    ramzi.salameh@gmail.com Guest

  12. #12

    I am also experiencing the same problem after installing JRun 4 Updater
    6. I am running ColdFusion MX 6.1 and I just recently installed JRun 4
    Updater 6. I have a web application that requires authentication. After
    entering in my credentials, ColdFusion/JRun returns a blank page. I
    have to refresh the page before being taken into the site. This happens
    about 50% of the time and it just recently started happening after
    applying JRun4 Updater 6. I rolled back the installation to the
    previous updater and everything works fine. And yes, you roll back an
    installation by copying the updater6-backup files to their original
    locations. I am still working on a solution to this problem but it
    appears to be a glitch with the new updater release. If anybody else
    finds any information please post and I will do the same. I have
    another thread going in the Macromedia forums. Please add any input
    you may deem necessary.

  13. #13

    Bug 61210. It's a problem between IIS 6 and IE 6.0 SP2.

    In the /updater6-backup folder (until we release a connector fix later this
    week), you can backoff and use the old updater 5 connector.

    Check the backup folder connector version (just to make sure)
    java -jar wsconfig.jar -info (this should show 92909)

    1. Open up wsconfig.jar from the /jrun4/updater6-backup/lib folder in winzip
    and pull out jrun_iis6_wildcard.dll and jrun_iis6.dll (or you could just take
    it from the backed up /jrun4/updater6-backup/lib/wsconfig/1/ directories since
    we back up the entire /wsconfig (web server config) directory structure.

    2. rename the U6 connector jrun_iis6_wildcard.dll and replace the
    /lib/wsconfig/1/ connector.
    (the updater 5 build is 92909)

    3. The /wsconfig/ directory contains jrun_iis6.dll which should also be
    replaced to agree with the wildcard dll.

    Restart IIS and JRun/Coldfusion.

    Stephen Dupre
    Macromedia QA

    sdupre Guest

  14. #14

    So is this an "Official Bug?"
    If so, why isn't it listed in the known issues for the Jrun updater?

    Thanks,
    Brian E
    begendoe Guest

  15. #15

    Because we didn't know about it when the updater shipped - so, yes, it's an official bug. '

    You can use the U5 connector in the meantime.

    Stephen Dupre
    Macromedia QA
    sdupre Guest

  16. #16

    I have been checking Macromedia's site and I still haven't seen this
    bug (61210) doented in the "JRun 4 Updater 6 Known Issues" Do you
    know when a hotfix or another updater will be released to correct this
    issue?

    Ramzi Guest

  17. #17

    Has the hotfix been rolled into the version of Updater 6 currently available for download?

    Thank you.
    cf Guest