Professional Web Applications Themes

JS Errors - Macromedia Dreamweaver

It has been two long months since I've done any web development work. Little did I know that on June 1, my dad (only 57 yrs. old) would be diagnosed with one of the worst cancers one could get. Because of his condition, I stopped work entirely and spent that last 2 months with my dad in the hospital. Sadly we buried him last week. What a journey this has been. This is still a shock for my family and I since we were all so close. He was even influential in encouraging me to move from working at the ...

  1. #1

    Default JS Errors

    It has been two long months since I've done any web development work. Little
    did I know that on June 1, my dad (only 57 yrs. old) would be diagnosed with
    one of the
    worst cancers one could get. Because of his condition, I stopped work
    entirely and spent that last 2 months with my dad in the hospital. Sadly we
    buried
    him last week. What a journey this has been. This is still a shock for my
    family and I since we were all so close. He was even influential in
    encouraging me to move from working at the university and get on my own,
    which I did in January. Well, with all that said, this is my first day back
    at work. I hope to get back on my feet again, something my dad would
    encourage me to do.

    I do have a question to ask. I just went to one of my client's sites and
    noticed that all his JS drop downs don't work. In fact I'm getting some
    runtime errors. I created this site about three years ago (prior to learning
    about layers) so this was all generated with FW html. I haven't touched the
    site in months so I'm not sure why I'm getting these errors. Any thoughts?
    [url]http://www.purposequest.com/[/url]

    With thanks,

    Justin J.

    Justin J. Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: JS Errors

    I should add that when I preview this locally, I don't get any errors and
    the menus work fine.

    Justin J.

    "Justin J." <smooopispamless-> wrote in message
    > It has been two long months since I've done any web development work.
    Little
    > did I know that on June 1, my dad (only 57 yrs. old) would be diagnosed
    with
    > one of the
    > worst cancers one could get. Because of his condition, I stopped work
    > entirely and spent that last 2 months with my dad in the hospital. Sadly
    we
    > buried
    > him last week. What a journey this has been. This is still a shock for my
    > family and I since we were all so close. He was even influential in
    > encouraging me to move from working at the university and get on my own,
    > which I did in January. Well, with all that said, this is my first day
    back
    > at work. I hope to get back on my feet again, something my dad would
    > encourage me to do.
    >
    > I do have a question to ask. I just went to one of my client's sites and
    > noticed that all his JS drop downs don't work. In fact I'm getting some
    > runtime errors. I created this site about three years ago (prior to
    learning
    > about layers) so this was all generated with FW html. I haven't touched
    the
    > site in months so I'm not sure why I'm getting these errors. Any thoughts?
    > [url]http://www.purposequest.com/[/url]
    >
    > With thanks,
    >
    > Justin J.

    Justin J. Guest

  3. #3

    Justin:

    Does your client have js disabled on his browser?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > I should add that when I preview this locally, I don't get any errors and
    > the menus work fine.
    >
    > Justin J.
    >
    > "Justin J." <smooopispamless-> wrote in message
    > > It has been two long months since I've done any web development work.
    > Little
    > > did I know that on June 1, my dad (only 57 yrs. old) would be diagnosed
    > with
    > > one of the
    > > worst cancers one could get. Because of his condition, I stopped work
    > > entirely and spent that last 2 months with my dad in the hospital. Sadly
    > we
    > > buried
    > > him last week. What a journey this has been. This is still a shock for
    my
    > > family and I since we were all so close. He was even influential in
    > > encouraging me to move from working at the university and get on my own,
    > > which I did in January. Well, with all that said, this is my first day
    > back
    > > at work. I hope to get back on my feet again, something my dad would
    > > encourage me to do.
    > >
    > > I do have a question to ask. I just went to one of my client's sites and
    > > noticed that all his JS drop downs don't work. In fact I'm getting some
    > > runtime errors. I created this site about three years ago (prior to
    > learning
    > > about layers) so this was all generated with FW html. I haven't touched
    > the
    > > site in months so I'm not sure why I'm getting these errors. Any
    thoughts?
    > > [url]http://www.purposequest.com/[/url]
    > >
    > > With thanks,
    > >
    > > Justin J.

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    Greetings Murray,
    No I've looked into this. The problem is on several machines. I looked
    on the server and noticed several hacker files so I'm working on fixing
    this.

    Thanks.

    Justin

    Justin J. Guest

  5. #5

    Thank you Bill.

    Justin J.

    "Bill Ray" <billbillraydrums.com_BLAH> wrote in message
    > My family sends its deepest condolences to you for your Dad.
    > BR
    >

    > "Justin J." <smooopispamless-> wrote in message
    > > It has been two long months since I've done any web development work.
    > Little
    > > did I know that on June 1, my dad (only 57 yrs. old) would be diagnosed
    > with
    > > one of the
    > > worst cancers one could get. Because of his condition, I stopped work
    > > entirely and spent that last 2 months with my dad in the hospital. Sadly
    > we
    > > buried
    > > him last week. What a journey this has been. This is still a shock for
    my
    > > family and I since we were all so close. He was even influential in
    > > encouraging me to move from working at the university and get on my own,
    > > which I did in January. Well, with all that said, this is my first day
    > back
    > > at work. I hope to get back on my feet again, something my dad would
    > > encourage me to do.
    > >
    > > I do have a question to ask. I just went to one of my client's sites and
    > > noticed that all his JS drop downs don't work. In fact I'm getting some
    > > runtime errors. I created this site about three years ago (prior to
    > learning
    > > about layers) so this was all generated with FW html. I haven't touched
    > the
    > > site in months so I'm not sure why I'm getting these errors. Any
    thoughts?
    > > [url]http://www.purposequest.com/[/url]
    > >
    > > With thanks,
    > >
    > > Justin J.

    Justin J. Guest

  6. #6

    Justin:

    Hacker files on the server?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Justin J." <smooopiNOSPAM> wrote in message
    > Greetings Murray,
    > No I've looked into this. The problem is on several machines. I looked
    > on the server and noticed several hacker files so I'm working on fixing
    > this.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Justin

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  7. #7

    That's correct. There were extra files right in the root which didn't exist
    before. So much for security.

    Justin J.

    "Murray *TMM*" <com> wrote in message
    news:bg61ur$o7i$macromedia.com... [/ref]
    looked

    >[/ref]

    Justin Guest

  8. #8

    Justin:

    Your comment should be "so much for that host", no?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    "Justin J." <com> wrote in message
    exist [/ref]