Professional Web Applications Themes

Keep Google search hits despite PHP?? - PHP Development

While in the process of reorganizing my company's website and I created a database of all their publications. I replaced their old html publications page with a php page that repopulates the publications list every time somebody browses by. This way it updates as the SQL dbase gets more publications. Problem is, this will prevent the search engine bots from detecting the publications, will it not? How do I keep google and others aware of the doents on the publications page?...

  1. #1

    Default Keep Google search hits despite PHP??

    While in the process of reorganizing my company's website and I created a
    database of all their publications. I replaced their old html publications
    page with a php page that repopulates the publications list every time
    somebody browses by. This way it updates as the SQL dbase gets more
    publications.

    Problem is, this will prevent the search engine bots from detecting the
    publications, will it not? How do I keep google and others aware of the
    doents on the publications page?

    Van Johnson Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Keep Google search hits despite PHP??

    Hello,

    On 02/19/2004 03:17 PM, Van Johnson wrote:
    > While in the process of reorganizing my company's website and I created a
    > database of all their publications. I replaced their old html publications
    > page with a php page that repopulates the publications list every time
    > somebody browses by. This way it updates as the SQL dbase gets more
    > publications.
    >
    > Problem is, this will prevent the search engine bots from detecting the
    > publications, will it not? How do I keep google and others aware of the
    > doents on the publications page?
    No, that's a Google myth. Google indexes dynamic pages too, even when
    the URL has ? .

    [url]http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/google_myths/4[/url]

    --

    Regards,
    Manuel Lemos

    [url]http://www.phpclasses.org/[/url]

    [url]http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/[/url]

    [url]http://www.meta-language.net/metastorage.html[/url]
    Manuel Lemos Guest

  3. #3

    > No, that's a Google myth. Google indexes dynamic pages too, even when
    > the URL has ? .
    >
    > [url]http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/google_myths/4[/url]
    Although that site isn't entirly accurate either.....

    [url]http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html[/url]

    --
    Rick

    Kitty5 NewMedia [url]http://Kitty5.com[/url]
    POV-Ray News & Resources [url]http://Povray.co.uk[/url]
    TEL : (+44) 0845 1083740 - ICQ : 15776037

    PGP Public Key : [url]http://pgp.kitty5.com[/url]
    Rick [Kitty5] Guest

  4. #4

    Hello,

    On 02/19/2004 07:05 PM, Rick [Kitty5] wrote:
    >>No, that's a Google myth. Google indexes dynamic pages too, even when
    >>the URL has ? .
    >>
    >>[url]http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/google_myths/4[/url]
    >

    > Although that site isn't entirly accurate either.....
    >
    > [url]http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html[/url]
    That site is very accurate and consistent with what Google says in the
    page you mentioned. I think you are not interpreting Google's words
    correctly.

  5. #5

    Dear Van,
    If you like I can teach you how to get all your pages indexed whether
    dynamic (PHP) or html.
    [email]studies-N-O-P-A-S-Mhotpop.com[/email] (remove the -N-O-P-A-S-M from the email).

    ..bil

    "Van Johnson" <nospamspam.troll> wrote in message
    > While in the process of reorganizing my company's website and I created a
    > database of all their publications. I replaced their old html
    publications
    > page with a php page that repopulates the publications list every time
    > somebody browses by. This way it updates as the SQL dbase gets more
    > publications.
    >
    > Problem is, this will prevent the search engine bots from detecting the
    > publications, will it not? How do I keep google and others aware of the
    > doents on the publications page?

    Hi Ho Guest