Professional Web Applications Themes

Keeping it mine by Andrew - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Is there any format in which I can save and distribute an image so that others can view it but not change it? Thanks to all....

  1. #1

    Default Keeping it mine by Andrew

    Is there any format in which I can save and distribute an image so that others can view it but not change it?

    Thanks to all.
    Andrew Turek Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Keeping it mine by Andrew

    Anyone who has a Mac can take a screenshot and then it is theirs to use, just as Barbara says.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  3. #3

    Hi, Jane. You don't have to have a mac. PCs can do that, too.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  4. #4

    I am going to a PC class this afternoon, I will try it. I need to learn more about PCs.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  5. #5

    I always say if you don't want people to take your graphics or photos , then
    don't put it on the net.

    Cats 4ever Guest

  6. #6

    I need to learn more about PCs.

    Any special reason, or just to see what it's like?
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  7. #7

    Actually I help out in out local Senior Net organization, I am a 'coach' for several classes in the winter. They use all PCs, no Macs. They want me to do a lot more this winter, so I need to learn more.
    I do have an old PC that I use once in a while, its too old to network with the other family computers.
    I love to learn new stuff anyway.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  8. #8

    Yes, it's nice to learn a foreign language. :) I could never master French, German, or Spanish, and I'm still struggling with English, but I speak reasonably good Win now!
    Beth Haney Guest

  9. #9

    I will stay with Mac for a while, no UNIX, no Win, but plenty of PSE.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  10. #10

    That's what I like about forums like this, the drift away from the point . . .

    But I get the picture (no pun intended). I meant anything like .pdf for text where you can read but not change. But if it can't be done, it can't be done.

    Many thanks

    Andrew
    Andrew Turek Guest

  11. #11

    Andrew, you can set it up so they can't make changes to the actual pdf, although I think you need full Acrobat to do that. Or on a mac, I believe the pdfs that the OS X system creates via the print dialog are uneditable--at least everyone always complains that they are.

    But unfortunately anything that appears on a screen is takeable, even if not at a good quality.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  12. #12

    Right. I agree with Barbara. If you have Acrobat - you can set security options to not allow changes to be made and not allow printing - but you need the writer not the reader. If a person wants a picture - they can get it. On websites with 'no right clicks' - this deters the average web surfer, but doesn't prevent the picture from being taken. Also a screenshot is possible with pc or mac. A flash movie - slideshow will keep the average person from changing or copying the photo, but again there are ways to get around that. Watermarks, copyright, stamp 'sample' across the picture - these are all methods people use to try and keep people from altering their pictures. Keeping the file size and low quality might discourage people but then do people see what you want them to see? So the answer is no - there is not any way that is 100% (at least none that I'm aware of.)

    beth
    bethC Guest