Whenever i try to run the file install.bat on the debian binary-1 cd
(/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.23-2002-05-21) it runs for about 10-15
seconds displaying a bunch of junk with the linux logo (pengin holding a
pint...) in the top left corner and then stops at the message:
KERNEL PANIC: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:00

does anyone know how to fix this so i can boot? Please put it in 3 year old
terms, i'm very new to this linux thing...
--

Regards,
Paul A Morgan

The box told me to "install on Windows 98 or better" so I installed it on
Linux