Professional Web Applications Themes

keyboard in coffee-help - Mac Applications & Software

please forgive this typing, i'm using my mouse in my keycaps program. my darling daughter spilled coffee on the kb last night now my kb will not work - someone told me to spray it with a sink hose and that will work. i can get the power button to work and the mouse, thats how i can type. everyone was very helpful with my mac questions about power ppc 5260. i promise not to bug you all after this, until i get a new mac. thank you maria sorry for typing...

  1. #1

    Default keyboard in coffee-help

    please forgive this typing, i'm using my mouse in my keycaps program.
    my darling daughter spilled coffee on the kb last night
    now my kb will not work - someone told me to spray it with a sink hose and that
    will work. i can get the power button to work and the mouse, thats how i can
    type.
    everyone was very helpful with my mac questions about power ppc 5260.
    i promise not to bug you all after this, until i get a new mac.
    thank you
    maria
    sorry for typing
    Cameltails Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: keyboard in coffee-help

    In article <aol.com>,
    com (Cameltails) wrote:

    Let it dry for a few days. There's probably moisture still in there. Of
    course, it will probably corrode over time, so might want to order a new
    one. :-/

    I once sent my cell phoen through the washing machine. Started working
    fine in about 3 days.
    David Guest

  3. #3

    In article <aol.com>,
    com (Cameltails) wrote:

    Maria,

    Your friend is probably right. Disconnect the keyboard and rinse it
    under the tap with slightly warm water, running the water between the
    keys. Use no soap/detergent. Then gently shake and rotate the keyboard
    so as much water as possible can drip out. then hang up by one corner
    and let it dry overnight. It should work after that. I had a friend who
    emptied her Coke over her laptop once and the careful rinsing process
    worked OK. Another dumped yoghurt all over the keys one time.

    If you have a friend who knows how, have them dismantle the keyboard
    also first, then you can dry the parts after rinsing, with paper towels.

    Disclaimer: all the above advice is at your own risk.

    --

    Tim
    Tim Guest

  4. #4

    Howdy!

    In article <fu-berlin.de>,
    Tim Streater <org.uk> wrote:
    [snip] [/ref]
    [snip]
    I've been party to this more than once. The guts of the keyboard are
    probably three sheets of plastic. The middle one is stiff and a bit
    thicker and has holes under each key. The outer layers have printed
    wires on them; the key mashes these together to close the switch.

    You have to carefully open the case (may be clips; may be s) and
    carefully disassemble the layers. The layers may be spot-welded together.
    In that case, you will have no choice but to break the welds. If you
    are lucky, you will have a couple dozen tiny s (like the Sun
    keyboard) to take out.

    Rinse and dry each layer then reassemble. Be careful not to flex the
    layers too much or to scratch the printed wires.

    yours,
    Michael

    net | White Wolf and the Phoenix
    Bowie, MD, USA | Tablet and Inkle bands, and other stuff
    | http://www.radix.net/~herveus/
    Michael Guest