Professional Web Applications Themes

KeyframePlayer seems to cause error in projector - Macromedia Director 3D

Inside of Director my code compiles without returning an error. If I play the movie inside of Director, everything seems to work properly, and no errors appear. When I publish a projector, launch it and watch it, everything seems to be fine. When I close my projector by clicking on the ?X? in the upper right of the window, I get the below error: Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I commented a bunch of code out and it appears that keyframePlayer is the culprit. Just running a trace in ...

  1. #1

    Default KeyframePlayer seems to cause error in projector

    Inside of Director my code compiles without returning an error. If I play the
    movie inside of Director, everything seems to work properly, and no errors
    appear. When I publish a projector, launch it and watch it, everything seems
    to be fine.

    When I close my projector by clicking on the ?X? in the upper right of the
    window, I get the below error:

    Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
    sorry for the inconvenience.

    I commented a bunch of code out and it appears that keyframePlayer is the
    culprit. Just running a trace in a Behavior script causes this error to occur
    when closing the projector (see attached code.)

    Are there any gotchas or common errors regarding the keyframePlayer that I
    should be aware of?

    *I am using JavaScript

    trace(member("Cube"));//no problem here
    trace(member("Cube").getPropRef("model", 2));//no problem here
    trace(member("Cube").getPropRef("model",
    2).getPropRef("keyframePlayer"));// <- generates the error

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest

  2. #2

    The file located here:

    http://www.blueapplestudio.com/Director/
    click on keyframePlayer_Projector_041008a.dir

    illustrates the problem I am having. It seems that accessing the
    keyframePlayer from the timeline causes the problem. Anyone know what's going
    on here?

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest

  3. #3

    This .zip file
    (http://www.blueapplestudio.com/Director/keyframePlayer_Error.zip) contains an
    ..exe and the original Director file that shows the error better than the
    previous file. There is nearly nothing in this file except for the 3D object,
    a movie script applying the keyframePlayer modifier, and a trace statement.

    Anyone know why closing the projector causes an error?

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest

  4. #4

    How do you manually free memory when a projector is closed?

    A senior programmer here took a look at this problem and suggested that the
    problem had to do with whatever the projector is trying to do at shutdown.
    When it?s closed, it must be trying to access something that isn?t there, or
    it?s doing something in the wrong order. He recommended manually de-allocating
    memory somehow.

    How would I do this in the example .dir I provided a link to? There is a
    onCloseWindow handler? do I need to use that somehow? Do I ?delete? the 3D
    object, or just remove the keyframePlayer modifier from it?

    Again, to see the problem simply open the projector and close it. To get rid
    of the error, comment out the trace statement on frame 2 that is outputting the
    playlist.

    Any help is appreciated.

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest

  5. #5

    Problem solved.

    Manually removing the keyframePlayer modifier inside of a stopMovie function
    seems to stop the error from occurring.

    //Creates a function that will fire when the projector stops playing.
    function stopMovie() {
    //Removes the keyframePlayer modifier. aAllNullsAndCubes contains
    variables for all 3D assets
    for (i=0; i<aAllNullsAndCubes.length; i++) {
    aAllNullsAndCubes[i].removeModifier(symbol("keyframePlayer"));
    }
    }

    adam@blueapplestudio Guest