Professional Web Applications Themes

Kodak Slide film processing using cardboard mounts!!! - Photography

I just got a roll of film back from Kodak and to my surprise the slides have cardboard mount. Moreover, all my slides look dirty and dusty. Not to mention that they ed up the numbering on the slides. Every three slides has the same number. I usually ask to save the leader and I was surprised to see a leader with a picture that is not mine!!! What the hell is going on? Is this an isolated event or Kodak gave up on plastic mounts? Is it worth it to give them a call? If so what is theirnumber? ...

  1. #1

    Default Kodak Slide film processing using cardboard mounts!!!

    I just got a roll of film back from Kodak and to my surprise the slides
    have cardboard mount.

    Moreover, all my slides look dirty and dusty. Not to mention that they
    ed up the numbering on the slides. Every three slides has the same
    number. I usually ask to save the leader and I was surprised to see a
    leader with a picture that is not mine!!!

    What the hell is going on?
    Is this an isolated event or Kodak gave up on plastic mounts?
    Is it worth it to give them a call?
    If so what is theirnumber?

    Thanks,

    Elie
    Elie A Shammas Guest

  2. #2

    Elie A Shammas wrote:

    > I just got a roll of film back from Kodak and to my surprise
    > the slides have cardboard mount.
    What kind of film was it? Their standard for Kodachrome is cardboard,
    and for E6 it is supposedly plastic. They told me if I wanted something
    specific, I could just note it in the special instructions area on the
    mailer.
    James Robinson Guest

  3. #3

    James Robinson <wascana212.com> wrote:
    : Elie A Shammas wrote:
    :>
    :> I just got a roll of film back from Kodak and to my surprise
    :> the slides have cardboard mount.

    : What kind of film was it? Their standard for Kodachrome is cardboard,
    : and for E6 it is supposedly plastic. They told me if I wanted something
    : specific, I could just note it in the special instructions area on the
    : mailer.

    I just had Kodak process a roll of Kodachome, and I wrote "plastic
    mounts perferred" in the special instructions area. The slides came
    back in plastic mounts, but the processing took a bit longer than
    normal.

    Warren B. Hapke
    [email]wbhapkeprairienet.org[/email]

    Warren B. Hapke Guest

  4. #4

    I have processed 4 Kodachrome films at Kodak so far. They all were in
    plastic mount without me specifying anything in the special instruction
    box. My fifth film had cardboard mounts.
    I guess I will start specifying the mount from now on.

    Elie

  5. #5

    Elie A Shammas <eshammasandrew.cmu.edu> wrote in
    > I have processed 4 Kodachrome films at Kodak so far. They all were in
    > plastic mount without me specifying anything in the special
    > instruction box. My fifth film had cardboard mounts.
    > I guess I will start specifying the mount from now on.

    Why are plastic mounts considered superior to the cardboard mounts?
    SND Guest

  6. #6

    > Why are plastic mounts considered superior to the cardboard mounts?

    It works better for me:

    1-Sharper edges
    2-Less dust
    3-Non-round corners
    4-I usually open the mounts up to read the info my camera recorded between
    the frames. I open the mount from one side with out ruining the mount.

    Elie
    Elie A Shammas Guest