I looked through the Microsoft Knowledge Base and the
solutions it gave didn't apply to my laptop. It is a
Toshiba Portege 7020CT with a Xircom CreditCard Ethernet
Adapter IIps. The problem is that when I am on the
internet or using an instant messenger Windows XP will
randomly pop up the "Network cable unplugged" message and
then if it doesn't resolve the problem quickly I get
disconnected from the messaging service's server and have
to restart the program. This is driving me nuts and I
don't know what else to do, would installing the correct
drivers allow me to tell Windows to keep the network
adapter awake/alive. Thanks a lot for any info!