Hello,

I've created a daemon (for Mac OS X) which run at startup perfectly.
My daemon just is observing login events, when it detects a user
login, launches a CarbonLib application (built as a Background-only
app). Everything works fine, at user login, I open the Process Viewer
and I can see both processes running.

My daemon process is owned by root, but my BOA is owned by current
user. I need both processes to run owned by the root user. Inside my
daemon (which links against CoreServices framework) I have write this
to open the BOA :

system("open /Library/Application Suport/myApp/myBOAApp");

How can I open this application owned by root?

Thanks in advance ...