Background....

I am setting up a process in which I am storing explain plan data (from
OS/390) into a DB2/UDB (Windows) database. (We are charged w/DASD usage,
which is why I am storing it off of the mainframe.) I have created a
duplicate explain tables in my UDB database, and download any new explain
plans on a daily basis. I will be setting up reports to look for variances.
My plan is to have an application that will report on any variances in
explain plans whenever a package is bound (or rebound) to the database.
Then our DBA's could simply select those statements they wish to review, a
background process will kick off, placing the selected data back into a plan
table on OS/390, and then I would like to launch Visual Explain and
hopefully, have it automagically display the explain plan for the DBA.

Does anyone know....

If the OS/390 Visual Explain tool for OS/390 can be launched from an
external application to display an explain report on the fly?

I noticed there is an executeable in addition to dsnve.exe, called
dsnveapi.exe. Does anyone know what dsnveapi.exe is? Can either of these
be passed parameters to display a specific explain report from the command
line?

Is there any doentation on the entrypoints in the DLL's shipped with
Visual Explain?

Thanks in Advance,

David Sarge
Enterprise Technology Partners, Inc.