Professional Web Applications Themes

Layer Transparency output to Canon InkJet Printer - Adobe Indesign Windows

output to Canon InkJet Printer I am having a problem when I print my InDesign doc to my Canon InkJet Color Printer. The bounding boxes to some of the graphics are showing up as a different, solid shade as the background color. Some of the graphics have transparency. Any suggestions? I tried merging all the layers and then printing but I got the same results....

  1. #1

    Default Layer Transparency output to Canon InkJet Printer

    Ken_Garove@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Are the colors RGB? Is your transparency blend space set to RGB?

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  3. #3

    I tried adding a locked, blank layer in between text and graphics with transparency with no luck.
    I also made sure all graphics (created in photoshop)were set to rgb and the transparency blend was set to rgb --still no luck.

    But I discovered a work-around: Create a transparent box in rgb mode(in Photoshop)the same size as the background color and place it on a layer above the background color layer--so it covers the entire background.
    The bounding boxes disappear on the printed output!
    Ken_Garove@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I'll vouch for Ken's fix as I'd encountered a similar prob!
    simon_biddell@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hi,

    just new to InDesign - and the first is I run also into this problem .... and I have to deliver the job on next monday :-((( ....
    The described workaraound doesn't work for me .... I must all do in CMYK.... but there I tried the same ... no luck. It's very frustrating ... All pictures with alphachannels built in PS in CMYK .... and no clear print. the only thing I noticed: the effect does not appear (in my case perhaps only) over black or white background. I really have no idea what to do.
    I'm on InDesign CS , Trial... Full version is on the way ....

    Volker
    renderteam@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    This message was posted under:Topic
    transparency and digital printing problem ...it might help to read -there are about 14 messages:

    Basics first: Always try to harmonize color models.
    If RGB digital printer, make the graphics in RGB color model.
    Make the Swatches in RGB. Make the Edit > Transparency Flattener
    set to RGB doent. When in the Print dialog box, make sure you
    are sending RGB to the printer. I mention RGB, because most digital
    printers are designed to handle RGB color mode, despite the fact that
    you may see C, M, Y, and K cartridges within the digital proofer/printer.

    And yes, it doesn't hurt to put objects with transparency on their
    own layer in the doent, apart from type layers.

    Oops,

    Where is used the expression Edit > Transparency Flattener

    I meant to say:

    Edit > Transparency Blend Space

    Pardon,
    Mike Witherell in Washington DC
    Ken_Garove@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Why are you doing cmyk for digital printing?

    Ken's fix definitely works - I tried it on 3 in-house printers and each one is fine

    Of course, this shouldn't arise with film/plates

    Try the fix again - make sure you have a transparent psd file on its own layer in between coloured background and image; make sure the transparent box image covers all the background colour
    simon_biddell@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I've had the same problem from the start. I'm using CMYK photos, but have been able to create the blank layer in photo shop and fix the problem. However, everytime I export something to pdf using Press settings (as very few commercial printers here use InDesign) the Printers using Macs tell me the doent has fatal errors! VERY FRUSTRATING! I can see them fine on all sorts of various pcs, but this doesn't do me much good for print jobs.
    West_Shannon@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    How are those printers trying to output the files? Are they getting
    these fatal errors in Acrobat or or are they trying to place them in
    Quark for output?

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest