and see if that helps. -- Murray --- ICQ 71997575 Adobe Community Expert (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!) ================== [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage! [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.dwfaq.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes ================== "minorleaguer" wrote in message news:e24162$org$1@forums.macromedia.com...[quote] > So do you see the scrolling names on the screen? If I center the table > that > holds everything to the middle, then on some larger displays the scrolling > list > stays on the left side of the screen which ends up being white space. I > guess > I don't know how to attach the layer to something (if you can) so that it > moves > with the rest of the stuff in the table (like the huge image). > > I don't know if I am explaining it correctly but I appreciate you trying > to > help. >[/quote] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Murray *ACE* [ip] => forums@HAHAgrea [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 6 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Layers? - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Layers? - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Maybe this is not a good layout for a page but I am using an image as most of my home page. It was given to me by my client and it is an image which was used as a brochure and they want the same look for the site. So, I have the image with a nav bar on top and all. But what I want to do is place a java script and a flash movie right on top of the image. So, what I did was set up layers for the javascript and for the flash. The ...

  1. #1

    Default Layers?

    Maybe this is not a good layout for a page but I am using an image as most of
    my home page. It was given to me by my client and it is an image which was
    used as a brochure and they want the same look for the site. So, I have the
    image with a nav bar on top and all.

    But what I want to do is place a java script and a flash movie right on top of
    the image. So, what I did was set up layers for the javascript and for the
    flash. The javascript is a script that is a scroller that scrolls through a
    list of names. It is transparent so it scrolls through the list of names so
    that as it scrolls the background is the image.

    I am having trouble with the positioning of the layers. Actually I don't even
    know if I should be using layers. I just don't know if there is any other way
    to do what I need to do. But anyway, when I center the table which includes
    the main image and the nav bar, the layer moves around. On computers with
    larger monitors the scrolling list is way off to the left. outside the table
    which contains the page.'

    I don't know if I am making sense but, if there is a better way to do this,
    please let me know.

    Rob

    minorleaguer Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Layers?

    > Maybe this is not a good layout for a page but I am using an image as most
    > of
    > my home page.
    You're right. It's not.
    > But anyway, when I center the table which includes
    > the main image and the nav bar, the layer moves around.
    Look carefully and you'll see that the layer doesn't move at all. It's the
    table that moves to a new center point.

    Post a link to the page so I can see what you have done, please.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "minorleaguer" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Maybe this is not a good layout for a page but I am using an image as most
    > of
    > my home page. It was given to me by my client and it is an image which
    > was
    > used as a brochure and they want the same look for the site. So, I have
    > the
    > image with a nav bar on top and all.
    >
    > But what I want to do is place a java script and a flash movie right on
    > top of
    > the image. So, what I did was set up layers for the javascript and for
    > the
    > flash. The javascript is a script that is a scroller that scrolls through
    > list of names. It is transparent so it scrolls through the list of names
    > so
    > that as it scrolls the background is the image.
    >
    > I am having trouble with the positioning of the layers. Actually I don't
    > even
    > know if I should be using layers. I just don't know if there is any other
    > way
    > to do what I need to do. But anyway, when I center the table which
    > includes
    > the main image and the nav bar, the layer moves around. On computers with
    > larger monitors the scrolling list is way off to the left. outside the
    > table
    > which contains the page.'
    >
    > I don't know if I am making sense but, if there is a better way to do
    > this,
    > please let me know.
    >
    > Rob

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  3. #3

    [url]http://www.susanetezadi.com[/url]

    They gave me an image of a brochure and they said they wanted me to use it for the website, that is why I am using the image.

    Thanks for your help.

    Rob
    minorleaguer Guest

  4. #4

    What is it that is 'moving' for you?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    > [url]http://www.susanetezadi.com[/url]
    >
    > They gave me an image of a brochure and they said they wanted me to use it
    > for the website, that is why I am using the image.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Rob

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  6. #6

    Oh - I was looking for it on that page. Here's how to do what you want -

    Change this -

    </head>

    to this -

    <!--
    body { text-align:center; color:#CCC; }
    #wrapper { text-align:left; width:720px; margin:0 auto;position:relative; }
    -->
    </head>

    change this -

    to this -

    and this -

    to this -

    and see if that helps.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "minorleaguer" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > So do you see the scrolling names on the screen? If I center the table
    > that
    > holds everything to the middle, then on some larger displays the scrolling
    > list
    > stays on the left side of the screen which ends up being white space. I
    > guess
    > I don't know how to attach the layer to something (if you can) so that it
    > moves
    > with the rest of the stuff in the table (like the huge image).
    >
    > I don't know if I am explaining it correctly but I appreciate you trying
    > help.

    Murray *ACE* Guest