Hi All,

this is my third day I am spending on setting up ldap server. Please help.
Do you know a good howto for redhat linux users?

I work for somebody where there are 3 linux boxes and I would like to setup
email, samba authentication and email address books based on ldap directory.

My domain is company.com.pl so my setup is :
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf
include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/rfc822-MailMember.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/autofs.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema
pidfile //var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile //var/run/slapd.args
database ldbm
suffix "dc=company,dc=com,dc=pl"
rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=company,dc=com,dc=pl"
rootpw secret
rootpw {SSHA}..
directory /var/lib/ldap
index objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid eq
index cn,mail,surname,givenname eq,subinitial

/etc/openldap/ldap.conf
HOST 127.0.0.1
BASE dc=company,dc=com,dc=pl

I have read somewhere that I should run
/usr/share/openldap/migration/migrate_base.pl > base.ldif

when I try to import the ldif file I still get an error message that
ldap_add: No such object

ldif_record() = 32

the command was: [ldapadd -a -W -x -D
"cn=Manager,dc=company,dc=com,dc=pl" -f base.ldif -d -1

what do I do wrong????? I can't get it running

Best regards
Andrzej Cuber