Professional Web Applications Themes

Leaders - Adobe Indesign Windows

ID CS 3.0.1 Windows XP Corporate Has anyone else experienced problems with leaders? I have a leader defined in a style and all of a sudden it stopped working on all the pages after page #5. I checked the style to see if the leader is defined and it is. I tried copying and pasting from one of the previous pages where the leader is working and it still doesn't work. I'd like to know if anyone out there knows of a solution or fix for this so I could finish up this section of my manual. TIA...

  1. #1

    Default Leaders

    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Leaders

    The only problem I have with leaders is that CS drops the leader when I
    [shift] Tab to push a tab all the way over. I haven't tried a multipage
    doent... but I will.

    <Gabriel_Ayalaadobeforums.com> wrote in message
    > ID CS 3.0.1
    > Windows XP Corporate
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced problems with leaders? I have a leader defined
    in a style and all of a sudden it stopped working on all the pages after
    page #5.

    > I checked the style to see if the leader is defined and it is.
    >
    > I tried copying and pasting from one of the previous pages where the
    leader is working and it still doesn't work.

    > I'd like to know if anyone out there knows of a solution or fix for this
    so I could finish up this section of my manual.

    > TIA

    Dennis Gordon Guest

  3. #3

    A tab leader? Is there any chance the columns on pages after 5 have a width that is too narrow for the tab defined in the paragraph style?

    AG
    Alan_Gold@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Alan,

    I just checked the margins and columns and there is nothing wrong. The settings are exactly the same as in pages 1 through 5.

    I'll be right back...

    I am going to try trashing my preferences to see if that fixes anything. If it doesn't then I am going to copy/paste this onto an new publication.

    Still wish I knew what is causing this. :/
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Tried trashing the prefs and that didn't work but c/p to a new doent seems to have fixed it. Now I just clean it up to make it look the way I want it.

    Thank you for your reply.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Someone please tell me if this is a bug or what I'm doing wrong.

    I found out in the new doent that the leader lines disappear after applying a stroke color to the text frames. What can be causing this strange behavior?
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I remember something like that happening when I first started using ID and think I found that it was because I was trying affect tabs that weren't on the currently active layer.
    M_Blackburn@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Hi everyone,

    I found the problem and solution.
    When I was working on the new doent I noticed the same thing happen again after applying a 1 pt stroke to the frame. I stretched the frame out slightly and the leader lines came right back.

    Looks like Alan Gold was on the right track. I just didn't think a stroke would make a difference but it does.

    Thank you! :)
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest